Eagle Eye E-News May 4- May 8
Ebinport Elementary Faculty and Staff E-News
Ebinport's Vision Statement
What's Coming Up This Week?
- 3rd, 4th and 5th Grade as well as Resource Teachers and ESOL will meet in the conference room during planning for EVAAS (Educator Value Added Assessment System) See below for more details.
Tuesday-Happy Teacher Appreciation Week! PTO will provide lunch (nacho bar from Charanda's)!
- VOTE TODAY!
- Ebinport is a polling site, the library is closed today!
- 9:30 Rhonda at the DO for a budget meeting
- 3:00 Faculty Meeting led by SLO (Student Learning Objective) Lead Team
Wednesday-Happy Teacher Appreciation Week! PTO will provide a treat!
- 4th Nine Weeks Interims go home today!
- Nurse's Day! Thank you Nurse Cranford for all you do for our students!
- 4th and 5th Grade will meet with Mr. Hollingsworth during planning for PASS training. This will not take the entire planning time.
Thursday-Happy Teacher Appreciation Week! PTO will provide breakfast!
- 4 and 5 PASS Testing
- 2nd Grade to the Zoo
Friday-Happy Teacher Appreciation Week! PTO will provide a baked goods bar for grab and take! (Like the cookie swap at Christmas)
- 4 and 5 PASS Testing
- The Great American Clean-Up Bad Weather Make-Up Day
- May 12: Faculty Meeting to discuss SLO's
- May 15 Run-A-Thon
- May 16 Color Run
- May 21 Last Day for Personal Days without Super. approval
- May 25 Will be a make-up day for students
- May 26 Kindergarten Placement Meeting
Congratulations to Mrs. Maggie Pezzello- Ebinport's Teacher of the Year!
A Message from Ebinport's Winthrop Liasion- Diane Bailey
I hope that you are considering being a part of the Winthrop Partnership. I know it is hard to let go of our classrooms, but you DON’T have to! You will be co-teaching and mentoring someone who might just be teaching someone from your family one day! Remember that not to long ago someone took a leap of faith and welcomed you into their classroom.
You have to opportunity to be a HOST teacher or MENTOR. During the 2015-16 school year we will more than likely only be host teachers. This will be a time that Winthrop will be learning about our awesome faculty. If you are interested I would encourage you to sign up online and plan to attend a one-day seminar on June 9 – it’s FREE! The link to sign up is below.
EVAAS examines the impact of teachers, schools, and districts on the learning of their students in specific courses, grades, and subjects. Users can access colorful, easy-to-understand charts and graphs via the Web, as well as produce customized reports that predict student success, show the effects of schooling at particular schools, or reveal patterns in subgroup performance.
For this meeting please have the login credentials sent to you via email on or around April 19 or April 20. This email likely came from the following email address, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please go ahead and log in, however you won't need to do anything beyond this until we meet on Monday. Please bring a fully charged laptop with you to this meeting.
Teacher Supply Fund Information
During the past year we received information from the Internal Revenue Service that Rock Hill Schools and teachers should be accounting for the state teacher supply funds in a different way or face fines from the federal government. To make the process easier for you, Rock Hill School District will be issuing Teacher Supply Cards (similar to debit cards) to eligible teachers. They will be issued at the school during the first week of school.
Because you will be issued a debit card instead of a check, it is important that you not spend personal funds during the summer in anticipation of a check. Once you are issued the card in August, it can be used in valid locations to purchase needed supplies for your classroom. The card can be used until December 31st in the year of issuance in most locations that sell items that would be needed in a classroom.
When you are issued the card in August, a form and instructions will be provided to you but if you have any questions before then, please call the office of Financial Services, 803.981.1013 or e-mail at email@example.com.
Vote May 5
Winthrop Partnership Conference
A message from Paul Horne: (Winthrop Partnership Coordinator)--This is a really great conference. I encourage you to attend (it's free) and possibly present next year :) It is great experience!
Ladies and Gentlemen:
We are excited to announce registration for the 6th Annual Partnership Conference for Educational Renewal on Tuesday, June 9, 2015 is NOW OPEN and can be accessed at https://winthrop.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cBaiJpXAlX0vv3T through May 22nd. You can also visit the conference website for additional details and registration - http://www2.winthrop.edu/rex/rex/professional_learning/partnership_conference.html.
The Partnership Conference will be held in the DiGiorgio Campus Center and surrounding buildings at Winthrop University. With a theme of "Creating a Culture and Climate for Success", concurrent sessions and afternoon workshops will highlight collaboration and innovation by teachers, faculty, administrators, and teacher candidates. Sessions relate to the four goals of the Partnership Network:
· Improve K-12 student academic achievement.
· Improve professional learning for school-university faculty and teacher candidates.
· Strengthen the pre-baccalaureate preparation of teacher candidates.
· Increase district support for new teachers.
You are highly encouraged, as faculty and administrators in the various Partnership schools and school districts, to attend, and to encourage and have faculty in your school attend. The conference provides opportunities to explore school-based initiatives, learn from fellow school and school district colleagues, and engage in collaborative conversations related to possible future projects. Feel free to forward this invitation to faculty and colleagues who may be interested and benefit from this opportunity.
We look forward to seeing many of you on June 9th –
If you see a member of this church please share our love for them! They do so much for us and are always looking for ways to better our school!
- May 27 1st Grade Placement Meeting
- May 28 4th Grade Placement Meeting
- May 29 2nd Grade Placement Meeting
- May 29 4th Nine Weeks Grades Due
- May 29 5:00-8:30 Faculty and Family BBQ at Bowater Park
- June 1 3rd Grade Placement Meetings
- June 1 10:00 Kindergarten Program
- June 3 and 4 Half Days
- June 4 8:30 Fifth Grade Graduation