September 26, 2019
Here is What Happened this Week!
- STUDENT EMERGENCY INFORMATION is PAST DUE in the PORTAL. To date, 80 students still do not have their emergency information updated in the Portal. Twenty of those students only need to hit the submit button. We are making reminder phone calls for those still not entered. Thank you for your support.
- We sent home PSSA score reports with students in grades 4th through 6th last Friday, Sept. 20. (Last year's 6th graders will receive their reports at Holicong.)
- We completed bus safety drills and we held a severe weather drill. We are so proud of our students for their responsible participation in all drills!
- Thanks to Mr. Murray of CB Community Relations, and our very own Mr. Heine, we used our new MyVRSpot technology to reveal the Warwick Spring Musical for this school year. Our Musical Directors, Mr. Heine, Mrs. Kelly, and Mrs. Unsihuay dressed in character to make the revelation! Ask your Warwick Bear what the Spring Musical will be. Here is a hint--we hope to see you in Oz!
- Teachers are celebrity scoopers at Rita's Water Ice at the time this newsletter is being published! Thank you Warwick Elementary PTO and Warwick Teachers for sharing in the Cool Rita's Family Fun!
- Our 6th graders brought home a flyer from PTO regarding the Halloween Howl.
What's Happening Next?
- We do not have school on Monday, September 30th.
- We will have Fire Prevention Assemblies on Thursday.
- Friday, October 4th is the first Friday of October. The student votes are not all in yet, but it looks like we are leaning toward a spirit day for at least this first Friday. Wear your Warwick colors proudly!
- And then the following week...
October 7 - 18
Click here to see more events planned for Warwick during this school year.
We are excited to welcome Miss Lanie Guld to Warwick Elementary as our new Building Substitute. Miss Guld went to Bloomsburg University where she studied Early Childhood Education and Special Education. Prior to Warwick Elementary, Miss Guld served for two summers at Extended School Year working with children in the Multiple Disabilities, Social Skills, and General Education classrooms. Last year she served as a substitute teacher in many of the Central Bucks elementary schools where she had the opportunity to learn from a lot of great teachers around the district. Her favorite children's book is Falling Up by Shel Silverstein and her favorite subject, both when she was in school and now to teach, is Writing. When Miss Guld is not teaching she loves spending time with her guinea pigs and taking them on picnics. She also really enjoys trying new and delicious recipes to have with her family. Miss Guld says: “I am looking forward to meeting new people at Warwick and learning from both the staff and students.”
Dear Families, at this time we are postponing the One District, One Book plans as previously communicated. Please stay tuned for additional communications regarding the shared family reading of Cynthia Lord's Rules.
Here is the October newsletter from Aramark Food Services:
- We are getting quite a few students coming to the office because they forgot their snacks. Please pack a snack for your children and remind them that they should eat the snacks that you pack. Thank you.
- Led by 1st Grade Teacher, Mrs. Kelley Dougherty, our Warwick Staff Casual for a Cause program allows staff members to nominate a cause that is dear to them. Then, one cause is selected each month. For a donation to that cause, staff may dress casually to work. For the month of September, our featured charity is the Shriner’s Hospital for Children submitted by Carin Richter: “I chose Shriner's Hospital for Children because not only is it a hospital that helps children, but my daughter was a patient there for 21 yrs. and we greatly appreciated all the help they gave our family and my daughter!!!”
- The Bucks County Book Fest is coming! Mark your calendars for October 12-13th. See you in Doylestown, Warwick Book Lovers!
- The Doylestown Library will be under construction from October through December. It will be open for most of that period; however, there will be a two week period where they will only be open in the evenings and on weekends. The timing of the two-week window is dependent on weather due to the nature of the construction project.
- We have started a Warwick Flyers page to collect flyers previously posted in a Warwick Weekly (see big link below). It is our hope that this helps keep our Weeklies a manageable length with only new flyers posted while still having old flyers conveniently linked for your reference.
Please click on our link to the Parent/Guardian Handbook (a.k.a "The Warwick Welcome") to learn more Warwick information, practices, procedures, and policies.
Before parents and guardians can volunteer, they must have all necessary clearances. Click here so you are ready when volunteer opportunities arise.
Use this link to update your student's emergency information, check attendance, see immunizations, and more.
- Previous Warwick Weeklies
- Warwick Parent/Guardian Handbook
- Library Newsletters: Check out upcoming events, what books are hot, and what students in each grade are learning in the Warwick Library!
- Having trouble finding that next great book to read. Try the "What Should I Read Next website: https://whatshouldireadnext.com.
- My Payments Plus
- Lunch Menu
- Apply for Free/Reduced Breakfast & Lunch
- Teacher Web Pages
- Parent/Guardian Volunteer Requirements
- PTO: Web Page and Letter from our President
- When to Keep your Student Home from School for Illness
- CBSD Mobile App - Parents and guardians can get a FREE CB App to keep up with all things Warwick and CB.
- Before/Aftercare at Warwick
- Parent Portal - Ongoing student progress reporting and more.
- CB Cares Education Foundation's Backpack Newsflash
- E-Friday Folder
- We Want to Hear from You - An online place to record feedback for us on how we did each week
Help Support Warwick
You can support Warwick while you shop. It is easy! Here is how...
- Giant A+: Go to https://giantfoodstores.com/ and select SIGN IN or REGISTER. Once Logged in, select MY ACCOUNT, then MANAGE MY ACCOUNT, then REWARDS & SAVINGS. You will need your 11-digit BONUSCARD number and school ID number which is 26483. If you need assistance, call 1-888-814-4268 option 1.
- Box Tops: Stay tuned for NEW information on how to "clip" Box Tops without using scissors at all!
- Amazon Smile: Go to Amazon Smile and use the search feature to find Warwick Elementary PTO in Jamison, PA. When shopping at Amazon, use Amazon Smile to benefit Warwick.
Thank you for your continued support!
Click here to learn more about our amazing PTO and how you can get involved!
Follow us on Twitter
Get Warwick Tweets by following @CBWarwickElem on Twitter. Or you can view our Twitter feed by visiting our Warwick home page.
Follow/Like us on Facebook
New this year, Warwick has its own Facebook Page. We will use this to communicate highlights and upcoming events much like we do using Twitter.
Follow the instructions to download the free CBSD app to stay connected with all of your selected CBSD schools.