First Semester Ends Dec. 22nd!
How Are Your Grades Shaping Up?
Dear BCS Parents/Caregivers & Students,
As we reach the half-way point of the school year, I want to encourage you to think about your progress and ask,
- Am I on target to reach my goals?
- Do I need more assistance from my teachers or school counselor?
- How is my attendance?
- Ask yourself, "Am I on target and doing well? Do I need to do better by studying more? Do I need to ask for help?" Your grades at this time are good indicators of how you are progressing academically in school.
- You have caring educators at your school willing to help you. Talk with your teachers, counselors, principals and other adults at school who could become part of your team to assist you in reaching your goals. A support team that offers a little bit of encouragement goes a long way in keeping you motivated and on track. Please know our team of principals, teachers and school staff are ready to support you in your planning and practice every day.
- You must be in school to learn, so ask "How is my attendance?" Make daily attendance your goal and part of your academic plan!
WINTER BREAK SCHEDULE:
STAFF: Thursday, December 22nd is a 2-hour early release day for Faculty Senate meetings. No school for staff* Friday, December 23rd 2022, through Monday, January 2, 2023. Staff will return on Tuesday, January 3, 2023 for a Professional Learning Day.
Keep up the good work by keeping your focus on reaching your goals. Continued Success!
Ronald E. Stephens, IV., Superintendent of Schools
Berkeley County Schools
Berkeley County Schools, WV's second largest and fastest growing school district, boasts a diverse student population recognized statewide for great success in academics, the arts and athletics.
This newsletter is a publication of the Berkeley County Schools' Communications Office on Thursday, December 8, 2022.