Alpharetta High School - Competition #1
E-mail sent on 1/19/16
Good Evening Everyone!
It's competition time!
We will have rehearsal this week on Wednesday, January 20 and Thursday, January 21 from 5-8 p.m.
Our first competition is this Saturday, January 22, at Alpharetta HS. Visit the website for competition details, map and schedules http://www.sapaonline.net/events/117. The cost for spectators to view the show is $9 per person.
The students will be dressing in black for this early season competition and will be performing about 2 minutes of their show. These competitions build on each other throughout the season--we will add costumes, painted floor, silks, and the rest of the show by the finals performance at SAPA in Chattanooga. Remember to check the Facebook wall for dress requirements for Saturday along with makeup that Pierre and Stephanie have selected. Also, students will need black flip flops to walk to performance and after performance.
Below is the schedule for the day:
8:30-11:30 a.m. - rehearsal at Barber Middle School
11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. – snack/load the floor/hair and makeup
1:30 p.m. – depart for AHS
2:30 p.m. – unload/check-in
2:45 p.m. – hair/face touch ups
3:00 p.m. – pre-warm-up
3:30 p.m. – body warm-up
4:02 p.m. – equipment warm-up
4:30 p.m. – SHOWTIME!!!!
Students will be able to buy concessions and watch other units perform prior to retreat (awards)
9:00 p.m. – retreat (presentation of awards for each class)
9:30 p.m. – depart and return to Barber (around 10:30 p.m.) to unload floor and go home
· Make sure your student has ALL equipment, makeup, gloves (if needed), clothes and money to eat from concessions that will be available for purchase after their performance.
· Make sure that your student has a ride to and from the competition if you are not attending. Remember, per Cobb County policy, students cannot drive themselves to any competition. (Rachel's mom, Mallory's mom, Luke's mom, and Kes' grandmother have volunteered to drive this week to Alpharetta)
· Please be prompt picking up your student at Barber Middle School after the competition.
· Bring a good, solid, healthy lunch/heavy snack for practice. We will not be able to eat again until after the performance.
· All students must return to Barber Middle School to help unload the floor--this is mandatory.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
See you this Saturday!
Sheryl, Pierre, and Stephanie