From the Principal...
Happy New Year!
It's hard to believe that we are already halfway through this school year, and that we are beginning the year 2024. Our January calendar is much calmer than our December one was, but we still have some fun events lined up!
- Students return to school on Monday, Jan. 8
- We are holding a PTO meeting on Wed, Jan. 10 at 2:45 pm in our library. Please join if you can!
- The district is closed on Monday, January 15 for Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- We are offering another opportunity to join us for morning meeting followed by "Coffee with the Counselor" on Thursday, Jan. 18 at 7:30 am. **Coffee with the Counselor topic is on self-esteem and confidence.
- We serve breakfast from 7:05-7:25 am. If your child(ren) is eating breakfast, please try to have them here by 7:15 so they have time to eat. We have had a number of students arriving right before or at 7:25 and this impacts their ability to get to class and start their day on time with their classmates. (First bell rings at 7:25am; tardy bell rings at 7:30.)
- Just a reminder that we do go outside if the "feels-like" temperature is above 21 degrees. Please make sure your child(ren) have coats, hats, and gloves during this cold weather season!
- See below for our calendar and breakfast lunch menus. Links can be found at the bottom of this newsletter for a printable version.
We are looking forward to another great month!
As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Anne Warren, Principal
Coming Up at Eagleside...
- Mon. Jan. 8--First Day of Second Semester
- Wed. Jan. 10-PTO meeting at 2:45 in the library
- Fri., Jan. 12--Report Cards go home
- Mon. Jan. 15--District closed in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Thur. Jan. 18-Morning meeting and Coffee with the Counselor
- Tues. Jan 23--PTO Presents: Board Game night 2:30-5:30 (watch for more information--coming soon!)
Morning Meeting/Coffee with the Counselor
We would love to have you join us on Thursday, January 18, as a participant in your child's morning meeting. At Eagleside, we value relationships and understand the importance of a strong classroom community. Starting off each day with a morning meeting allows for students to begin their day as a collective and fosters relationships and communication skills. Due to the fact that each morning meeting is held at the same time, parents may only join one meeting. We are offering this opportunity each month, so if you would like to join for another child, please consider returning on one of those dates. Please plan to stay and join for coffee with the counselor immediately following. This month Mrs. Murphy will be focusing on self-esteem and confidence.
Hello from PTO!
Join us for our next PTO meeting Wednesday, January 10 at 2:45 or 5:00 (same information at both meetings). We will be discussing our board game night (January 23, 2024) and finalizing Fairy Tale Book Fair for February!
We are also hosting a Family Board Game Night on Tuesday, Jan. 23 from 2:30-5:30pm. Stop in during this time to sit down and play a game or two with your child(ren). Be on the lookout for a flyer with more information!
********************General Eagleside Information*********************
Just a reminder that all 4th and 5th students will be assessed an annual laptop fee of $40 for the first child and $20 for each sibling. This is reflected in Infinite Campus. Please see our parent/students handbook (on our website) for more information. Students will have a charging cord checked out to them as well; failure to return the cord at the end of the year will result in a fine to cover the costs of replacement.
Sign up for an account with Revtrak to see/pay all fees for your student. Please contact the front office for more information.
In order to support our staff in creating a work/life balance and to honor time with their families, we are implementing a new practice at Eagleside this year. We will respond to messages and communicate with families between the hours of 7:00am and 4:00 pm, M-F. Any message left for staff will be answered by the end of the next school day. Please know that if you send a message to staff during the day, they may not respond immediately as their first priority is their time with your children engaging in teaching and learning. If a message is sent after hours, it will be responded to the next day. All professional communication will be through a phone call, in-person meeting, district email or Remind.
See the flier below for our upcoming event dates; we are hosting round table discussions about grading, offering more opportunities to join our morning meetings, and much more!
Our main office is open from 7:00am-3:30pm M-F and we can be reached at 719-382-1520. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out!
Thank you for your understanding and support.
Breakfast and Lunch
We are excited to share that we are once again offering free breakfast and lunch to all students.
Breakfast is served from 7:05-7:25 am. We will not have supervision prior to 7:10 am except for in the cafeteria. First bell rings at 7:25am; students are tardy after the 7:30 tardy bell.