What's New at EMIS
March 2017 Edition
March's M-Powerment Strategy: M-7: Acquire & Demonstrate Knowledge
Students demonstrate their knowledge through a variety of assessment tools and instructional strategies to ensure student understanding.
What does this look like in MGSD? Teachers...
- Use entry and exit tickets to gauge student understanding of lessons
- Track student participation and response to questions using popsicle sticks, seating charts, or other methods
- Use "Student Talk" time during PLCs to investigate how well students are learning material
- Review student work with fellow teachers to ensure grading consistency, identify problem areas, and judge how well students are understanding the concepts
- Use Interactive Notebooks to help students engage with content
- Use formative assessments, checks for understanding, and frequent class discussion
- Provide opportunities for application of content and learning through projects
- Create and display anchor charts
- Allow opportunities for other methods to demonstrate knowledge versus simply using tests
- Provide hands-on learning activities that allow students to manipulative and see cause-effect relationships
- Incorporate Project-Based Learning such as service learning, genius hour, Gateway projects and inquiry
- Use assessment choice boards to incorporate different ways to show knowledge
- Use discussion forums to allow for student discussion and questioning
3rd Quarter Professional Development
Need Additional PD Credits?
F.A.I.L is an acronym for: First attempts in Learning
Fun Activity for kids... maybe as a structred activity for indoor recess?
If you're interested in Trying an "Escape Room" or "Breakout Room", these resources will get you started!
This is a presentation from NCTIES with good links and handouts!
Your Instructional Coah...She's here to help with any curriculum, lessons, and programs! Let's plan and co-teach a lesson! Email me and let me know how I can help.
Our help-desk Manager.... She's always ready to help with student and teacher computer issues! Please submit a work order and she will be to you as quick as she can!
Your School Library Media Coordinator (SLMC).... She's ready to help you find the right fit book, help students find resources for research, or coteach a lesson! Please let her know how she can help!