NCTE 2014 - Session G.07
Tools to Build a Culture of Writing Through Story
Story is a powerful bridge that can be used to unite disciplines in a school. Presenters will discuss how to spread love of story and teach stronger storytelling skills to parents, teachers, and students using a variety of tools, including digital stories, poetry, community gatherings, and blogging.
ABOUT THE PRESENTERS
- Anna Gratz Cockerille is an educational consultant, literacy coach, and writer based in New York City.
- Betsy Hubbard is a K/1 looping teacher in Olivet, Michigan.
- Dana Murphy is a literacy coach in Midlothian School District 143, located in the south suburbs of Chicago.
- Stacey Shubitz is a literacy consultant and writer based in Central Pennsylvania.
- Tara Smith is a sixth grade language arts, writing workshop and social studies teacher in suburban New Jersey.