Helping Hands Resource Room
Thank You for saying YES to being a mentor this year!
We will have a brief informational meeting on:
Monday, September 16th
Student Services Back Conference Room
Please come with your ideas, energy, and questions you may have. If you are unable to make this meeting, please contact Mrs. Hebert or Mrs. Krueger to set up a time to discuss what you missed!
Start date for the Resource Room is: Monday, September 23rd!
Time: Every Hour during school 1st –12th period
After school: 2:35-3:30
How do students “sign Up”?
1. Students need to get a pass from their academic teacher. In the event that the student is in study hall and wants to go to the resource room, a phone call to the resource room by the supervisor will be required. Phone # is: 662-7117.
2. Student will go to their study hall and show the pass to that study hall supervisor.
3. Student will go to the resource room and give pass to the mentor.
4. Student will sign into the resource room just as he/she does in the library and Student Services. This log sheet with be shared with Dawn for attendance purposes.
5. If a student leaves the resource room before the bell, the mentor will sign the pass allowing the student to go back to his/her study hall. This pass will then be given to the study hall supervisor.
Mission Statement: Helping Hands mission is to provide a safe learning environment during and after the regular school day where peers tutor peers in any core academic area. Our mentors have been carefully selected to provide the best instructional support he/she can and to be positive role models in our school and community.