WHPE April Update
Teacher Hacks - the little stuff that goes a long way!
Check out this month's featured Teacher Hacks below!
Sneak teach a dance!
- Everyone needs a partner - this will be their grapevine partner. Practice a grapevine with your partner
- Find a new partner. This will be their heel tap partner. Practice 2 heel taps on each foot
- Find a new partner. This will be their lasso partner. Lasso with your left hand and right hand
- Find a new partner. This will be their high 5 partner. High 5 left 2x and right 2x
- Find a new partner. This will be their whoop it up partner. Put right arm up in air and spin in a circle (for break in song)
- Get students into lines and perform these moves as a line dance to 5, 6, 7, 8 by Steps (available on iTunes)
Monthly Challenge: Activity A-Z
It's time to get creative with activity with The A-Z Activity Challenge Complete a minimum of 1 activity for each letter of the alphabet this month - be creative in your choices.. crawl under something for letter U, make a zig-zag course to ride your bike around for letter Z. You could even challenge yourself to complete the entire alphabet in one day.
For this challenge and more visit: http://fitnesschallenges.wikispaces.com/.
Need an App Update?
Professional Development Opportunities!
Save the date: 2014 WHPE Convention
Wednesday, Oct. 29th, 5:30pm to Friday, Oct. 31st, 3pm
Mark your calendars now - the 2014 WHPE convention is back in the Wisconsin Dells at the Kalahari Waterpark and Resort.
Convention registration prices will remain the same as this year and the WHPE convention is a great way to meet all of your professional development (and educator effectiveness) needs in one go. So get planning, save the date, and we look forward to seeing you there!