Green Alternatives For Laundry Room
By: Riley Unruh
Choosing a washer and dryer?
How to minimize energy with your current washer?
- Always wash a full load
- Use Eco friendly detergent
- Make sure the temps are set at warm or cold with a cold rinse
- Use renewable energy source
Your dyer is one the most energy using appliance. Don't fret, they're are ways to use less energy when using your dryer.
- Use a moisture sensor on your dryer, which will automatically turn off your machine when your clothes are dry
- If possible choose high speed, if your able to adjust the spin settings, this helps reduce the amount of moisture
- Line dry, when possible
Eco Friendly Flooring Options
If your experiencing health problems caused by your carpet, a cheap and efficient way to change to an Eco friendly carpet is to try a non-toxic,green carpet finish like SafeChoice or Carpet Seal. These help prevent chemicals from coming up from the carpet. Also look out for carpets that are made from natural fibers and or with little chemical treatment. Padding is another part of your carpet that can be changed, When choosing a carpet to see if they don't require any additional padding, or use padding made from recycled materials.
Some different flooring options include:
- Hardwood Floors:3
- Tile or Linoleum