Lenox Elementary Newsletter
Week of September 13th - September 17th
Greetings Lenox Families/Saludos Familias Lenox
The 21-22 school year has officially begun! It was amazing to welcome students back to school this past week! Shoutout to the Washington County Sheriff's office volunteers who were on campus with us on Thursday to welcome our students back to school. To our families, thank you for your patience, flexibility, grace, and partnership as we work to finesse and fine tune our routines. There is a lot of important information below so please read through it all and continue to refer to this newsletter bi weekly for any updates, reminders, important dates, etc.
You can also check out our instagram - hsdlenox and;
our website - https://www.hsd.k12.or.us/lenox for the latest happenings as well.
If you ever have a question, please do not hesitate to reach out to your child's classroom teacher, the office or me. Communication and connection are key to our success!
In service to you,
Sarah Keller, Principal
News & Notes
- If you call the office between 1:50-2:05 there is not anyone to answer the phone since office staff are assisting with dismissal during that time. Please leave a voice mail and we will return your call as soon as possible.
- Remember - If you have changes to the way your child is getting home - please call the office the day prior or by 1:00pm the day of so that we can ensure a smooth transition for your child at dismissal time
- For student safety: please remind all students to cross Rock Creek Blvd at our designated crossing areas.
- If your child is going to be absent, please call the attendance line 503-844-1363 prior to the start of the day.
Important Notes for Arrival & Dismissal
- Please adhere to our signange at the front and back of the building that says "students only beyond this point" This allows staff to ensure the safety of your students at all times.
- Walker and Car Pick Up are different modes of picking up your student. Please stick with the mode of pickup you communicated to your child and their teacher to avoid confusion for all.
- The car pick up line can get long. Please be patient and do not park in the gravel lot and walk on to campus through the parking lot. If you have told your child's teacher that you will be picking them up by car, your student WILL NOT be in the front of the building waiting for you. Please wait in the car pick up line as planned.
- If you are picking your child up via car, please use last years sign or make a new one to signal to staff whom you are picking up. The sign can include the teachers last name and your child's first name/last initial. We will work to get you permanent signage within the first week of school.
- Class starts promptly at 7:45 with students being dismissed from the gym, cafeteria, and outside staging areas between 7:35 and 7:40. If your child plans to eat breakfast, please arrive with enough time for your child to eat breakfast and get to class on time. If your child is not eating breakfast, you might consider a later arrival so that they are not waiting for an extended amount of time before class.
Arrival Procedure Details
Student arrival time is between 7:15 and 7:40
Front doors open for breakfast at 7:15
Class begins promptly at 7:45
Regardless of mode of arrival (parent drop off via car, bus, walker)
- ALL K-2 students will enter the front doors and proceed to the cafeteria for breakfast or the gym if they are not eating breakfast
- 3-6 students who want breakfast will proceed to the front door and to the cafeteria to get breakfast
- 3-6 students who do not want breakfast will proceed to the red tent at the end of the parent drop-off/pick up lane. Dots that are socially distanced will be utilized with staff present to support supervision and transition to class at 7:40
- Once students arrive in the cafeteria for breakfast or other areas (gym K-2/outside 3-6), they are to remain there until teachers pick up classes. There is no movement between areas.
Check out the K-2 Arrival Video HERE
Dismissal Procedure Details
Dismissal W is at 1:35
If you pick up your child in a car, please watch the video HERE and read below for directions.
Display your sign on your passenger side window/dashboard (signs will be given to you following the first day of school).
You must pull up as far as possible in the pick up lane.
You must remain in your vehicle.
Once your child is securely in your car, you may either proceed forward and out of the lot or merge into the thru lane and out of the lot
If the pick up lane is full, please use the thru lane to circle back around.
If you walk to campus or park to walk and pick up your child, please read below for the location you need to go to.
K-6 parents who are walking to campus to pick up students must come up and wait at the flag pole at the front of the school. A staff member will release your student(s) to you.
Please do not put staff in a compromising position by trying to take your child from them while they are bringing their line of students out.
You must come to the designated location to get your child. This is for the safety of our students.
3-6 students are released from classrooms independently. If needed, they can meet their siblings up near the front of the building where K-2 students are waiting.
If your chid rides a bus
- Busing information for all students is now available on the HSD Transportation MyBus Page. You will need your students ID number and birthdate to access the system.
Student Technology Updates
Teachers will be reviewing and sending home the following Chromebook Guidance Resource HERE in the coming days. Be sure to review expectations with your student(s) and identify a safe place to plug the device in each night.
If you need help, have questions, or want to report a lost/damaged Chromebook:
Contact Lenox Technology Support: call or text 971-206-4223 or email email@example.com (Mon-Fri 7:30 am - 4:00 pm)
Call the Lenox Main Office: (503) 844-1360 (Mon-Fri 7:15 am - 3:15 pm)
Contact the Student Technology Helpdesk: Call 503-886-8956 (Mon-Fri 7:30 am - 4:00 pm)
Check this website for more resources: https://sites.google.com/hsd.k12.or.us/student-tech-help/home
Breakfast & Lunch at Lenox
Menus are subject to change due to issues of availability.
Reminder - ANY student wanting breakfast in the morning will enter the front door and eat in our cafeteria at their assigned grade level tables and remain there until they are dismissed at 7:40. To ensure the health and safety of all of our students we ask that siblings sit at their grade level tables versus together.
For both breakfast and lunch, students will:
- sanitize their hands upon entering the cafeteria
- wear their mask until seated
- swipe a card with their name on it to show that they ate a school breakfast or lunch - remember meals are at no cost/ milk alone is $0.75.
- pick a fruit, vegetable, main course and milk from a small selection of options
- be seated at assigned tables with their class and socially distanced from peers
- remove their mask to eat and put it back on if they leave their seat and/or are done eating
In order to ensure safety for all students , we are asking that masks be worn at recess as it is difficult to maintain 3 feet social distancing in this area. Students can distance and take mask breaks away from the play structures and crowded playfields when needed.
Please continue to practice and reinforce mask wearing with your student(s). We will always have extras on hand at all entrances/exits/classrooms should your child need a new mask.
Happening in Our Community this Month
- Beaverton Literacy
PCC - ESOL classes
ESOL phone: 971-722-6817
Hillsboro ESOL Navigator: Maricela Velazquez
Library on the Loose
Get a prize, try some STEM projects, and a craft activity as part of September National Library Card Sign Up Month.
Booster Club Spotlight
Join on Google Meet by using this link: https://meet.google.com/otd-ucco-dnn
Get to know who the Booster Club Team is, learn new and upcoming information about things happening at Lenox, and come share your thoughts on what you would like to see at Lenox for the 2021-2022 school year! We look forward to seeing you there!
Nonna Emilia's Dine Out Night 9/14 -- 4:00-9:00pm
Be sure to present this flyer at the time of your purchase. When you do so, Lenox will receive a very generous 50% of all sales from this event AND you will be supporting a great local company who has given back to Lenox many times in the past! Both Dine-In and Takeout options apply! Hope to see you there!
ALL September (Mondays-Thursdays) - Thirsty Lion
Need a break from cooking after trying to adjust to the new school schedule? Had a late night at sports practice? Maybe you don't even know what to cook? Then consider picking up take-out or dining-in at Thirsty Lion (Tanasbourne/ Hillsboro location only) at any time on Mondays through Thursdays during the month of September. When you do, Thirsty Lion will donate 15% of your purchase back to Lenox! Just show this flyer or mention Lenox Elementary at the time of purchase so Lenox will receive credit! Come as many times as you want during the month and don't forget to tell family and friends! Restaurant hours: 11:30am-9:00pm.
Volunteers & Visitors Reminders
It's important to note that visitors and non-HSD staff are not allowed in our classrooms and student contact areas at this time. We are looking forward to having volunteers and visitors in our school later this year!