Growth mindsets are not specific to children or students. Adults can possess and/or gain a growth mindset at any point. Learning from mistakes; improving weaknesses, accepting constructive criticism are all major facets of this mindset. Modeling these behaviors and participating in their actions can help promote initiation of this mindset.
How can I foster a Growth Mindset?
- Promote continued learning.
- Embrace failure as a learning opportunity.
- Reward determination, effort, and grit.
- Encourage feedback seeking.
- Be accepting of constructive criticism.