RES 3rd Grade News
September 9-13, 2019
Peek At Our Week
Language- Irregular Plurals
Spelling- compound words
Math- Addition and Subtraction within 1000
Science/Social Studies- Continents, Maps and Geographical Features, Social Studies Weekly
Curriculum Night/PTO Meeting
.::.Outdoor Classroom Day.::.
RES is partnering with the Alabama Wildlife Federation to create the following STEM projects on our campus on Wednesday, September 25th:
>Frog and Toad Habitat
>Box Turtle Habitat
>Woodland Wildflower Garden
>4 Raised Bed Gardens
We are SO excited to provide these learning opportunities for our students! On September 25, we need volunteers, shovels, and wheelbarrows to help us get the job done that day. The following flyer will go home with your child on Tuesday, September 3. Please fill it out and volunteer to assist us on September 25 at a time convenient for you!
Take Your Parent to PE Week
Hunger Action Month
Please share the flyer below with your parents as we collect items for the RES Care Closet for Hunger Action Month. The food collected will directly benefit students in need at RES.
Karen Payne will also have a table set up at Curriculum Night with pamphlets on resources to give out to families.
Kona Ice Visit on September 18
We had an amazing Kona Ice visit at the end of August, and we plan to do it again on September 18th. Bring $3 if you'd like to participate!
They will be back during PE times on the following dates!
We are partnering with Kona Ice to recognize student leaders throughout the school year. They will recognize four students each month with a t-shirt and free Kona for a year!
We Want You!
September 2- Labor Day
September 3- Perfect Attendance Bike Drawing
September 3- Cub Stub Class Winners announced
September 3- Cookie Dough Sales due
September 3- September Leaders of the Month announced
September 4- Muffins & Math for 3rd Grade Parents (8:30-10:00am)
September 5- Progress Reports go home
September 10- Monsanto Grant Check Presentation at 4:30
September 10- Curriculum Night/PTO Meeting
September 18- Kona Ice Visits RES
September 23-27- Take Your Parent to PE Week
September 25- Outdoor Classroom Day
October 15- Indian Education Field Trip to Sharon Johnston Park
October 25- Fall Festival/Book Fair
October 31- Third Grade Field Trip to the Cathedral Caverns
- Please remember to pack a snack everyday with your student
- Students must wear tennis shoes for P.E as well as to play during recess
- Please consider joining our school's PTO. Membership forms are in the front office
- Homework is given out on Mondays and asked to be returned on Friday's
- Your child received their AR goals for this 9 weeks last week, the last day to make your AR goal will be October 3, 2019
- Our school has a community care closet with items for needy students. We are always excepting donations for food, clothing, school supplies, as well as personal hygiene products