Huskies in the Know
May 20-May 23
Important Dates to Know
- BOGO Book Fair - May 20-23
- Final Dog Dollar Store - Monday, May 20, during Husky Time
- Locker Clean Out (NO backpacks or large bags/purses after this date) - Monday, May 20; after lunches
- 6th Grade Band Concert - Tuesday, May 21 at Willie Pigg Auditorium at 6:00 PM
- College and Career Day - Wednesday, May 22
- Team Awards - Thursday, May 23 (see schedule of times below)
- Final Report Card Grades in Skyward - Thursday, May 23
- Last Day of School - Thursday, May 23
This Week is AA/BB for Elective and PE Schedule
- Monday/Tuesday - B-Day Classes
- Wednesday/Thursday - A-Day Classes
BOGO Book Fair (Buy One, Get One Free)!
Click on link below for Book Fair Information. Volunteers to help work the Book Fair are always appreciated!
No Backpacks after Monday!
No backpacks will be allowed in school after Monday!
No backpacks, large bags and/or large purses are allowed from Tuesday, May 21-Thursday, May 23. A small purse/sling backpack is allowed.
If you child brings a bag to school during this time frame, we will keep it in the front office until the end of the day.
Pre-Check in for End of Year Awards on May 23
In order to avoid a long line to check in on our Team Awards Day on Thursday, May 23, we are offering a “PRE-CHECK IN” opportunity for you . This will be a real time-saver for you, as the lines can get pretty long on this day with all the award activities taking place (like the Schedule Pick-Up Fast Pass) .
Here is how you can take advantage of our Pre-Check-in Opportunity:
- You Bring in your Driver’s License anytime between Monday, May 13 – Wednesday, May 22.
- You must be listed in Skyward as a Family member OR Emergency Contact
- We will print you a Visitor Badge good for MAY 23rd ONLY
- You bring that badge with you on Thursday, May 23 and check in at one of the “PRE-CHECK IN” tables
- If you lose that badge, you will have to check in at the office again. This means possibly standing in long a line that day.
- If you bring anyone with you who did not previously get a “PRE-CHECK IN “ badge, they will NOT be allowed in with you. They will have to wait in line in the office and present their Driver License and be verified that they are listed in Skyward.
end of Year Team Awards on Thursday, May 23
Important Message from the Nurse
End of Year Report Cards
- Final grades for the year will be posted in Skyward on Thursday, May 23, and report cards will go home.
- Grades are always current in Skyward, so please contact your child's teacher of concerns in a certain class.
Ice Camp Flyer for Incoming 5th Graders!
Back to School Information
Summer Hours, Proof of Residency Drop Off, Schedule Pick-up, etc.
2019-2020 School Supply List
MISD Summer Camp Activities and Timberview Sports Camps!
- Timberview High School along with all of the MISD high schools offers a variety of Sport Camps. Click on the link below to register your child for a Sport Camp this summer:
- Ben Barber’s Summer Culinary Camp will be happening the week of June 3; from 8:00-12:00 for all MISD 5th, 6th and 7th graders. Click on the link below to register your child for Culinary Camp:
School Ends at 4:00 PM
Please make sure you pick your child up from school every day on time.
Friendly Reminder about Students Arriving Before 8:00 AM
Several students are arriving VERY early each morning, and they are causing disruptions in front of the school. They are bringing outside balls and play equipment that is NOT allowed.
Icenhower staff begins their duty day at 8:00 AM. Students who are dropped off before 8:00 AM will not be supervised.
The school day ends at 4:00 PM. Please make sure your student is picked up in a timely manner.
No Messages Will be Delivered After 3:00 PM
We understand that emergency situations can come up, and those will be handled accordingly.
How to Stay In the Know!
- Remind 101- text @ek7gga to 81010
- Follow Icenhower Intermediate on Twitter @huskyproud
- Like us on Facebook at Icenhower Intermediate
- Visit our website at https://www.mansfieldisd.org/page.cfm?p=3182
- Follow us on Instagram @huskyproud
- Weekly Newsletter
- Skyward Email Blasts
- Communication with the teachers