WLWV School Board Briefs
July 12, 2019
The School Board held a public meeting on Friday, July 12. The following are select highlights from that meeting.
Christy Thompson and Chelsea King Martin Sworn in as New Board Members
Chelsea King Martin and Christy Thompson were officially sworn in as members of the West Linn-Wilsonville School Board during the July 12 meeting. It is King Martin's second 4-year term and Thompson's first 4-year term as members of the WLWV School Board. New Board members took their oath of office before their official swearing-in. Welcome, Directors Thompson and King Martin!
Election of Board Officers for 2019-20 School Year
The School Board unanimously voted Regan Molatore as Board Chair and Chelsea King Martin as Vice Chair for the 2019-20 school year. Board members thanked Directors Ginger Fitch and Dylan Hydes for their service as Chair and Vice Chair, respectfully, during the past school year. Board members also noted that Chair Molatore and Vice Chair King Martin's experience with past bond and local option tax levy campaigns will serve them well in what will be another important school year for the West Linn-Wilsonville School District.
Board Designates 2019-20 Officials
The School Board designated individuals and organizations for the 2019-20 school year, including:
- Kathy Ludwig as Clerk, Executive Officer, and Budget Officer
- Son Le Hughes as Deputy Clerk
- Mersereau Shannon LLP as School District Attorney
- U.S. Bank and the State of Oregon Local Government Investment Pool as depository for all district controlled accounts
- Brown & Brown Northwest as Insurance Agent-of-Record
- The West Linn Tidings/Wilsonville Spokesman as the newspapers for official notices
- Wilcox Arredondo & Co as the school district Auditor
School Board Approves Updated Policies
The West Linn-Wilsonville School Board approved Oregon School Board Association (OSBA)-recommended policy updates during the July 12 meeting. Updated policies included:
- Policy JHC — Student Health Services and Requirements
- Policy IGBAC — Special Education; Personnel
- Policy JHFF — Reporting Requirements Regarding Sexual Conduct with Students
- Policy IGBAH — Students with Disabilities; Evaluation Procedures
- Policy IGBA — Students with Disabilities
- Policy IGBAJ — Special Education; Free Appropriate Public Education
- Policy GCDA/GDDA — Criminal Records Checks/Fingerprinting
- Policy ING — Animals in District Facilities
- Policy GBN/JBA — Sexual Harassment
- GBC — Staff Ethics
About West Linn-Wilsonville
The West Linn-Wilsonville School District is nationally recognized for its high student and staff achievement, including the top graduation rate among school districts with multiple high schools in the State of Oregon. West Linn-Wilsonville serves nearly 10,000 K-12 students across 16 schools, with a mission of creating learning communities for the greatest thinkers and most thoughtful people for the world. WLWV strives to provide challenging educational opportunities that prepare students to be college and career ready.