By William and Adin
Facts on Rising Temperature
- The average global temperature has increased by 1.4 degrees Fahrenheit since 1880.
- By the year 2100, the Earth's average temperature is estimated to rise to anywhere from 4 to 12 degrees Celsius.
- The causes of rising temperatures is because we are burning coal, oil, and natural gas which adds carbon dioxide to the air.
- With the Earth’s temperature rising humans are cutting down forests which they take in the carbon dioxide and release oxygen, so there is more carbon dioxide in the air now.
- Some effects of the rise of temperature is flooding because the arctic is melting.
- Another effect is that the ocean is getting warmer which leads to more coral bleaching.
Facts on Rising Tempurature
- More effect on rising temperature is there are more dangerous hurricanes and tropical storms.
- Rising temperatures cause drought, which in return causes crops to go without water and die.
- Rising heat also causes creeks and streams and streams to go dry, leaving fish and other freshwater animals to lose their homes.
- Also plants and animals will go extinct because they have to migrate to somewhere else which there could be more predators or into human civilization.
- High temperatures damage wetlands, which protect shores from flooding.
- One last reason is the season spring is coming early because of temperature rising.