Strategies To Successfully Build A Powerful Team
Can you picture a team that works coherently? Each one of them brings unique talents and skills. The leader should make each member feel valued and appreciated. The most important rule to build an effective team is to establish your leadership with each member. What's the most effective way to do that? Well, trust and loyalty, rather than using the power of your position. Certain things that can be done to bring out the best in everyone. However it is easier if you have a plan in place.
- Do not undervalue anyone. Consider every person's idea and suggestion as valuable. An idea is never stupid; it's about how you execute it.
- Be open to employees. At least you can try to be aware of your employees unexpressed feelings. You can be an excellent leader if you try to be open with employees and be sensitive to their feelings.
- Establish harmony. Solve problems, set target, and prepare for action. Establishing harmony can take a while but it also ensures excellent productivity, for each member is responsible for its commitment.
- Set ground rules. They are important and ensures success and efficiency. The rules should be simple such as being punctual for meetings, offer ideas and suggestions etc.
- Encourage members to share information. Emphasize the value of each member and their contribution. Demonstrate how everybody's work is important to move the whole team closer to its aim.
- Assign problem-solving tasks. Let the team come up with creative solutions and encourage them to work on solutions together.
- Be crystal clear. Never be tentative while communicating and give clear directions.
- Build trust inside teams. The relationships team members establish among themselves are as important as you establish with them. Pay close attention to the ways in which the members work with each other, communicate, trust, and respect.
-Brainstorming sessions. This is the quality of a good leader. They stimulate debate. People will come with their unbiased opinions and ideas during debate, that is the main motive of encouraging debates.
- Facilitate communication. Communication is not just one of the important factors, but it is the most important factor in successful teamwork. Meeting isn't the only way to communicate; be open to suggestions, ask questions, and offer help.
- Establish goals and values. Make sure you talk with members about the progress towards the set goal so that each one of them get a sense of their success and challenges that lie ahead.
- Be clear about what you want to accomplish. Establish clear time frames. Set standards for success and make members realize their responsibilities.
- Define roles. There are many roles in a team, the person you choose for the role should be able handle the specific areas.
We all can do better with a team than we can do alone. Quote from Vince Lombardi.
"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.