2017-2018 Parent Newsletter
May 25, 2018 - Issue #37
Thank you for another wonderful and productive school year. I can’t thank everyone enough for your endless hours of volunteering, chaperoning, reading, organizing, donating and doing whatever was necessary to support students—both at home and at school.
Special thanks to our PTO who went above and beyond the call of duty to provide whatever was necessary to add to our students’ already rich school experience.
That experience could not occur without the endless energy, skills and devotion of the LVES staff. Thanks and well done to an incredible group of professionals that I am honored and proud to work with each day!
A final word to LVES students: Thank you for all your hard work throughout the school year. I am so honored to be your principal; you make me proud to be a Viking. I am grateful for your joy and amazing talents. Best wishes to our third graders who will move up to LVIS next year—please come back and visit. Everyone have a safe and happy summer break.
Until next school year, here’s wishing you love, laughter and learning!
FINAL REPORT CARDS WENT HOME TODAY IN FOLDERS!
OCEAN WEEK 2018 RECAP
Bubbles and Blubber
Thank you to Andrea Roach for all her help each year with Touch Tank collections!
Thank you to the volunteers from the organizations above, along with Mr. Gerace and Mr. Herring, for being here to help students learn how to cast.
Biologist Presentation and Closing Ceremony
Closing Ceremony is always a great way to end the week's events because it's entirely done by the students! All grade levels performed a song or Reader's Theatre and a video of students talking about what they learned was shown.
Summer School starts June 4th
Drop-off and pick up for summer school is in the main hallway. Teachers will not be on duty until 8:30 am, so parents will need to stay with their child until the teacher arrives. There will be signs for each grade level in the main hallway for students to line up.
LVES is a Texas Honor Roll School!
Thank you to the dedicated teachers and students for the accomplishment, and for continuing to make LVES a great place to learn!
New Student Registration - June 9th
LVES Summer Office Hours
August Events...Mark Your Calendars!
- Kinder Camp - August 3rd from 9:00 am-11:00 am. Incoming kindergarten students get to know the kindergarten teachers, LVES, and meet new friends by rotating through fun stations. A school bus will even be on campus for students to take a tour! Students must be completely registered in order to attend Kinder Camp. If you have any questions regarding registration, please contact Ms. Fidencio at email@example.com
- New Family Orientation - August 9th at 6:00 pm. If you are a new family to LVES for the 2018-2019 school year, join us in the cafeteria to hear about the top 10 things to know about LVES before school starts. Members of the office staff will be on hand to answer your questions and give you a tour of the school.
- Meet The Teacher Night - August 13th from 5:00-6:30 pm. This is the night all families look forward to all summer! This is the chance to come meet your new teacher and drop off school supplies. Postcards from teachers will be mailed home the week prior to Meet The Teacher Night.
LVES 2018-2019 School Supply Orders
Click on this link to order your supplies:
School ID: LAG001
2018-2019 Academic Calendar
Weekly Attendance Goal
Weekly Attendance for week of May 24th:
- 96.31% - Didn't quite meet our attendance goal, but we were very close! Have a great summer Vikings!
Grade Level Totals:
Kindergarten: 96.78% - AWESOME job meeting our attendance goal!
First Grade: 96.09%
Second Grade: 95.96%
Third Grade: 97.30% - FANTASTIC job meeting our attendance goal for the second week in a row!
Christine Harris, Administrative Assistant
Registration and Attendance:
Veronica Fidencio, Registrar/Attendance Clerk
Student Emotional Support:
Amy Sexton, Counselor
Kimberly Latham-Whitehead, School Nurse
Discipline and School Improvement:
Michelle Jackson, Principal
Eric Holt, Assistant Principal
Bus Routes and Transportation:
Jay Powell, Director of Transportation
(512) 267-8300, ext. 1508
Mark Your Calendars...
- June 4th-14th: Summer School, 8:30-11:30 am
- June 4th-28th: LVES Summer Office Hours; 8:00 am-4:00 pm (Monday through Thursday)
- June 9th: LVISD New Student/Early Registration, 10:00 am-2:00 pm at LVHS
- August 3rd: Kinder Camp, 9:00 am-11:00 am, LVES
- August 9th: New Family Orientation, 6:00 pm - LVES Cafeteria
- August 13th: Meet The Teacher Night, 5:00-6:30 pm
- August 15th: First Day of School, 7:45 am