Supporting Kids4Peace Camp
Investing in Peace for Generations to Come
What is Kids4Peace?
- Founded in Jerusalem in 2002, KIDS4PEACE is a global movement of Jewish, Christian & Muslim youth, dedicated to ending conflict and inspiring hope in divided societies around the world.
- Through a network of local chapters, Kids4Peace operates five international summer camps and a six-year, year-round program for more than 250 Palestinian, Israeli and North American youth.
- Kids4Peace prepares youth to be interfaith leaders. We equip them with skills and practices to resist violence, influence others toward peace, and work together for lasting change.
- Kids4Peace spreads the message that “Together, Peace is Possible.” We are ambassadors of hope who challenge cynical voices and commit to creating a better future.
- Click here to learn more about Kids4Peace and their international youth leadership training programs.
Why support Kids4Peace?
The kids of Kids4Peace are visionaries. They see a better way. "Together, Peace is Possible" says the Kids4Peace motto. Kids4Peace kids know this to be true. They are curious about the faiths, the cultures, and the histories of children of Muslim, Jewish, and Christian faiths. Where the world sees religious, cultural, and political divides that are too wide to cross -- the kids of Kids4Peace see opportunities to connect. Opportunities to make friends. And they believe that when friendship is possible, peace is possible.
As Tamar (an American Jew from North Carolina and a Kids4Peace alum) says of her Peace Pal, Adan (an Israeli Muslim from Jaffa), "Adan is a really wonderful person and a great friend. We've stayed in touch for two years now. She's different from me in some ways, but in more important ways, we're just the same. I really love her. She's like a sister to me."
When children's hearts are open like this, we don't want financial concerns to stand in the way of this kind of connection. Tomorrow's peacemakers need real life experience to tear down the fearful stereotypes that are driving so much fear and suffering. Is there a better investment in our future than creating leaders who know firsthand that peace is possible?
Donate to Kids4Peace ... because it takes a village to raise a Peacemaker.
- The cost of sending an Israeli child to a twelve-day, residential Kids4Peace Camp in the US is $3000.
- The cost of sending an American child to camp is $1500.
Please consider sponsoring a child to become a Kids4Peace camper, either in whole or in part. Your financial support is not just a gift of a joyful summer experience to a child, but an investment in our collective future - as you launch a young person into a lifetime of peacemaking based on real life experience.
To make a donation now, please go the the K4P.org Donation Page. At the drop-down menu, be sure to select "Kids4Peace NC"
You can also mail a check to Kids4Peace at the following address:
Kids4Peace, 110 Maryland Ave, NE, Suite 205, Washington, DC 20002
Be sure to write "Kids4Peace - Asheville Chapter" in the memo line of your check.
Thank you for supporting Kids4Peace.