#Engage #Inspire #Empower
Parkmead Live News Feed 24/7
Please let us know if your plans for attending Parkmead for the 20-21 school year have changed.
All incoming WCI students must complete this residency verification by 5/29/20.
Now is the time to be sure you respond to the U.S. Census. The Census results determine how federal funding is distributed over the next 10 years for schools, healthcare, social services and more. Easy, Simple, and Confidential
Thank you for partnering with us this year. Although we faced many challenges, your children benefitted greatly from your dedication and the dedication of the staff. Thank you all for being so kind and appreciative.
As you plan for the uniqueness of this summer, please remember students need a brain break. Take a week or two to slow down, then reintroduce a weekly schedule with a minimum of 60 minutes of reading, writing, and math each week. Here are ways in which to continue to engage, inspire, and empower your family.
1. Get a Contra Costa County library ecard here: https://ccclib.org/get-a-library-card/ and download Libby or get your checked-out library books right in your kindle app.
2. Sign up for EPIC”s 30 days free family account after the school service ends on June 30th.
3. Have your student complete all current grade-level standards on Dreambox https://play.dreambox.com/login/s6em/925g?vcl=1
4. Go on a writing adventure. Write letters to family members. Create a science journal - take science walks and collect interesting sights, facts & findings. Explore a new genre based on your reading passion then try it out. Maybe you love detective stories, comedies, mysteries, adventures, pets, or poetry.
5. Visit WCSD's Summer Website for other ideas
I can't wait to see you all again and hear about each child's progress towards becoming an avid reader and writer as well as an authentic mathematician.
Please use this link to contact Principal Gomez about a challenge, concern, or need.
New registrations for the 2020-2021 school year
Welcome to Parkmead School!
If you would like to register your student for the 2020-2021 school year, we are accepting registrations via email. Registration forms can be found HERE.
Please email to Office Manager, Jaine Nejedly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember to include required documents:
- Immunization record
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of residency
You will find all of this information on the link. Thank you!
CURRENT PARKMEAD STUDENTS DO NOT NEED TO RE-REGISTER FOR NEXT YEAR.
Parent Support & Current Information
WCSD has partnered with the Acalanes School District so that families may access free lunch for all children 18 and younger during school closure. Please click to learn more.
2020-2021 School Calendar
Click HERE for the full academic school year calendar.
Give a Little More Campaign
Our school districts are facing extreme budget cuts. Our districts are working overtime to ensure our students are not negatively impacted by state and federal budget cuts.
Our community has the capacity to support our students so they don’t lose the educational opportunities they deserve.
WCEF is the only way to financially support our district during this time.
Understanding the urgency, a parent started an email campaign asking friends to donate $25; WCEF received $7,000! Now we are $18,000 from making our goal!
If you already donated, thank you. If you haven’t yet, please join me in keeping the momentum going,
Link to donate: https://www.wcefk12.org/donate.html