August 25, 2023
Car Rider Clarifications
Thank you so much for your help with making the car rider line more efficient. We are currently beating our time for afternoon car rider dismissal by about 2 minutes per day, while still maintaining student safety as our priority. As we continue with this focus, we want to reiterate and clarify a few key points where we can use your help.
Morning Car Rider Drop Off
- We only use the right-hand lane in the morning since we do have more need for parents to access the front office to deliver notes or medications at this time. We unload students at the cones. Please have your child's belongings ready to go so they can exit your vehicle in a prompt manner.
- If there are vehicles trying to turn left off of MLK Dr. while you are trying to turn right, please drive courteously and take turns to allow the other vehicles to enter the drive in order to assist with alleviating traffic on MLK, specifically from 7:50-8:00.
Afternoon Car Rider Pick Up
- Remember, it is against the law to use your cell phone in a school zone, including the car rider line. Thank you for helping us with keeping our kids safe by refraining from using your phone at any point in the car rider line.
- There is not a need to arrive prior to 3:15 for the car rider line. The dismissal line is taking approximately 15 minutes from the time we start. We are usually finished by 3:55.
- If you do arrive early for car rider, please remain in the right-hand lane until a staff member directs you to start moving into the left-hand lane. This will occur around 3:15.
- With our procedure updates, we have not had cars waiting on MLK in the afternoons, which has been a big help.
Student Technology Devices
STUDENT TECHNOLOGY DEVICES - INFORMATION FOR ELEMENTARY (PK – 5th grade) STUDENTS
This year, students in grades Pre-K and Kindergarten will be introduced to Apple iPads for learning. First and second-grade students will use iPads and Chromebooks to support typing skills. Students in grades 3 through 5 will use Chromebooks to begin completing assignments in a Learning Management System. All devices at the elementary level will remain on campus. Students will be shown a responsible use presentation in their homeroom classes.
The district may charge an Accidental Damage Fee (ADF), to address recurring incidents of damage to the classroom devices. PK-5th grade students who exceed more than two incidents of damage to a device per semester may be charged a fee to repair the device, in increments of $25. If the ADF is charged to an elementary student, MISD may elect to waive or reduce the ADF or create a plan for the parents to pay out the fee over time. Financial aid is available for eligible students who receive free or reduced lunch. Please contact your campus administration for additional details concerning ADF waivers and/or reductions.
Thank you for your patience during the district’s roll out of the 1:1 technology program, and please contact us if you have questions.
Parent Involvement Opportunities
One of our campus goals is to build more parent involvement on our campus. As parents, you know your child best. We want to partner with you to consistently make our school better. Below are several opportunities where you can be involved or provide feedback.
- WatchDOGS - All elementary dads and father figures that would like to spend time serving as Watch DOGS on our campuses this year are invited to join us at our Kick-Off meeting: Monday, September 18, 6pm at the MISD Education Support Center.
- Volunteers - If you plan on volunteering at any point in the school year, we encourage you to complete your required volunteer services form now: https://rb.gy/mcza9
- Desk Assembly - If you are a handy-type person and have completed the volunteer background check, we could use your help. We have 20 mobile desks that need assembly.
- Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) - Our PTO is an organization of parents that works to support our students and staff in a variety of ways. They recently purchased some toys and games that students can play with at recess. They also bring in special programs and activities for our students and find ways to show appreciation to our staff. We encourage all families to join. For more information, you can contact our PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find them on Facebook (@myLESPTO).
- Parent Feedback Form - Any time you want to share your thoughts, you can email, call, or make an appointment to visit. Another way you can provide input is to simply complete our parent feedback form at any time. Your responses are anonymous unless you choose to include your name and/or contact information.
This Week at Lincoln
Each week, we want to provide you with an overview of our Lincoln statistics and where we are as a campus. We will share information about enrollment, student behaviors, and attendance. Additionally, as we have celebrations to share regarding our students' academic successes, we'll list them here too.
Current enrollment: 466
**Welcome new student, Ky'ron R.!
Our goal is to have 95% or better attendance each day. Good school attendance is a key indicator of future school success. Below is our average daily attendance for this month so far:
- Week of 8/10: 99.6%
- Week of 8/14: 95.5%
- Week of 8/21: 94.4%
Classes with the Highest Attendance Rates Last Week:
- Mrs. Hochhauser: 100% (WooHoo!)
- Mrs. Herzog: 97.8%
- Mrs. Lawson: 97.6%
- Mrs. Moore: 96.8%
- Mrs. Forrer: 96.7%
- Ms. Haralson: 96.7%
- Mrs. Kirk: 96.5%
- Mrs. McClain: 96.0%
- Mrs. Schaper: 96.0%
- Mrs. Christian: 95.8%
- Mrs. Spanjer (Grey): 95.7%
- Mrs. Jorgensen: 95.0%
Staff Shout Outs
You can also submit names straight to the district. Visit Montgomery ISD's Let's Talk tab on the district website https://bit.ly/3xad64c and use the "Share a Positive Story/MISD Shout Out" topic to share something great this educator has done to demonstrate a culture of respect.
Free Spirit T-Shirts for Every Student!
Our PTO is organizing an effort to ensure each student at Lincoln has a spirit shirt. This effort has been made possible through sponsors. To ensure each child gets the correct shirt size, please complete this t-shirt order form with your child's name and shirt size by 9/4.
- Lunch Visitors Begin - Please remember, you may only bring your own child to the designated visitor table, and refrain from providing snacks or food to other students.
- Bahama Bucks Spirit Night (PTO) 4:00-7:00 pm
- Spirit Day - Wear purple attire and/or Lincoln gear.
- Hat Day! Wear a hat and donate $1 to raise money for a student popsicle party!
- PTO Meeting 9:00 in Cafeteria
- Monday, 9/4 - Labor Day; No School
- Friday, 9/8 - Grandparents' Day Breakfast (Students' Last Names Start with A-M) 7:15-7:45 a.m.
- Monday, 9/11 - Grandparents' Day Breakfast (Students' Last Names Start with N-Z) 7:15-7:45 a.m.
- Monday, 9/11 - Wear Red, White, & Blue for Patriots' Day
- Wednesday, 9/13 - Principal/Parent Safety Meeting - 9:00 in Cafeteria
- Thursday, 9/14 - Tentative Date for Parent Orientation/Open House - More Info to Come
- Week of 9/17 - Celebrate Freedom Week
- Monday, 9/18 - WatchDOGS Kick-Off at the MISD Education Support Center - 6:00 pm
- Tuesday, 9/19 - I.T. Professionals Day
- Friday, 9/29 - Rock Your School Day (Wear Your Most Rockin' Outfit)
All About Lunch
Lunch visitors who are on a child's emergency contact list are welcome to eat with that child on the stage during the student's lunch period starting on August 28. Visitors will need to check in at the front office with their ID and get a visitor badge. Please do not invite other students to join you or provide food or snacks for other students. When lunch is over, all students will line up with their class. Visitors will return to the front office to turn in their visitor badge.
A friendly reminder, we do not have an open lunch policy so please do not order food for your child from outside vendors to be delivered to the school during the school day (i.e. Uber Eats, Grub Hub, Door Dash, or any kind of delivery service). This becomes a safety concern when staff need to leave the front office to deliver food to students or take their focus off of families who have business in the office. Food deliveries also increase the number of unfamiliar people entering the building. Additionally, our lunch times are very tight and do not allow for late deliveries. We cannot allow for learning to be disrupted by early or late food deliveries. Thank you for understanding our focus on safety and uninterrupted instructional time.
- Pre-K & ECSE (AM) - 11:30-12:00
- ECSE (PM) - 11:40-12:10
- Kindergarten - 12:20-12:50
- 1st Grade - 11:45-12:15
- 2nd Grade - 10:55-11:25
- 3rd Grade - 11:10-11:40
- 4th Grade - 12:05-12:35
- 5th Grade - 12:35-1:05
School Hours, Attendance, and Tardies
- Doors open at 7:50
- Tardy bell rings, and class begins at 8:15. (This is the time students are expected to be in their seats in the classroom.)
- School day ends at 3:40
We are working hard to maximize each and every minute our students are here. Students who arrive after 8:15 are considered tardy and will need to be walked into the front door of the building and signed in by a parent or guardian. If your child needs to leave early, they may be checked out through the front office by a parent or guardian no later than 3:15 pm.
Attendance is of critical importance to your child's academic success. Click here on a district update regarding attendance procedures for the 23-24 school year. Rather than sending a note to school with your child upon his/her return from an absence, parents will enter the absence information through Family Access in Skyward. Directions for entering the infomation is availble in the link above.
Changes in transportation need to be made prior to 2:00 in order to allow time for the messages to be communicated with the appropriate staff member. To request a change of transportation, either
- Send a note with your child,
- Email LincolnElementaryTransit@misd.org with the note and a copy of your driver's license, or
- Come to the school with a copy of your driver's license.
Location: 700 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Montgomery, TX, USA
Phone: (936) 276-4700