March 14 - 18, 2016
Congratulations, Celebrations and Gratitudes
Thanks to those K - 2 classes that made posters for the hallway for the PARCC tests. They are inspiring and thoughtful.
Congratulations to the 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students who are taking their time on the PARCC tests and taking them seriously and thoughtfully.
Thanks Jonathan and Jennifer for getting us up and started on PARCC testing this week. We've had very few issues or glitches. Thanks to the teachers who took time to prepare their students.
Thank you to Brenda Hand and other staff members for assisting with the PARCC Breakfasts this week.
Thank you to the Social Committee for arranging activities and events that lift our school spirits and provide opportunities for our school culture and climate to grow among our students and our staff members.
Thanks to the SPRRAK team for continuing this important program and finding ways to link it to the upcoming Day with No Hate.
Friday Collab Time - Friday, March 18
For 5th, 1st and 2nd
You will be meeting at admin with your facilitator and instructional coach to continue working on Scope & Sequence Work.
For 2nd, 3rd & 4th
You will be meeting here at the school for opportunities to work with your grade level. Please send a short email to Sarah about what was accomplished during collab time before you leave on Friday.
For Counselors and LIt Coor.
Meet with your district level team if needed or available.
For PE, Music and Art Teachers
See email from Elementary principals sent on Wednesday, from Jill Hafey. You will be meeting at admin meeting.
Staff Meeting Change
If you cannot make it to this meeting and would like to contribute input for the budget, you can attend a meeting at 7:20 am the following day, Wednesday, March 23rd in the art room.
PARCC IS HERE
Breakfast will continue to be served to all 3rd, 4th and 5th graders on all 7 testing days on the window.
The computer lab will not be open or available to other grade levels for approximately 3 weeks, until such time that all make-ups test are completed. Jonathan will send an email to everyone when it is ready to receive grade levels at their regular computer lab time.
Library services will be suspended until PARCC testing is over. Please plan appropriately for your classes to NOT visit the library. 2nd Step/Friendship Skills classes with Wendy will continue as planned. Plan on no library services for the next 3 weeks, but if testing is completed ahead of time, then we will only suspend for 2 weeks. Jonathan will let us know.
Believe Kids Fundraising Began on Wednesday
Maintenance Worker Appreciation Day - Thurs, March 24th
What's Happening Next Week
- Zack Allen and Sarah doing walk throughs together - Mon, March 21st @ 1:00 pm
- Leadership Team Meeting - Mon, March 21st @ 3:40 pm
- CST Team Meeting
- Staff Meeting - Tues, March 22nd @ 3:40 pm
- Parent iPad Night - Tues, March 22nd @ CMS at 6:00 pm
- Make Up Staff Meeting (Budget Input) - Wed, March 23rd @ 7:20 am in art room
- Budget Stakeholder Meeting @ Clarion Inn - Wed, March 23rd @ 6:00 PM
- Maintenance Appreciation Day - Thurs, March 24th
- School Board Work Session (3:00 pm) and Regular Session (6:30 pm) @ Admin Building - Thurs, March 24th
- Biometric Health Screenings @ East (WElness PRogram) - Fri, March 25th 6:30 am - 7:30 am (Sign up for an appointment)
- CoPlanning in Literacy or Math with Tiffany and/or Kristin - Fri, March 25th
- District Collab for 2nd, 3rd, 4th @ Admin Building at 2:35 pm - Fri, March 25th
- Building Collab for Kindergarten, 1st & 5th and some departments/specials - Fri, March 25th
What's Happening Next Month?
- Spring Break: April 4 - 8
- Staff Splatz Paint Party
- CMAS Science Testing for 5th Grade - 3 days
- CMAS Social Studies Field Testing Assessment for 4th Grade - 1 day
- PAC Meeting
- Social Committee Meeting
- Leadership Team Meeting
- Staff Meeting
- Day of No Hate
- Axis Steele Recycling Fundraiser
- Food Service Worker Appreciation Day