February 7, 2019
Fun Run!!!! March 1st!
This year’s main fundraiser is the FUN RUN!
Hosting a Fun Run means there is no selling or delivering products. Once our program begins on PEP RALLY on the 18th, family and friends anywhere in the world can support our school by giving pledges toward the number of laps your students will run on the day of the Fun Run: MARCH 1ST.
Our Fun Run will be powered by the Boosterthon Fun Run, a fun organization that organizes Fun Runs all over the country. This year 2,900 schools like ours will run their fun run through Boosterthon. We’re excited for their expertise and making this EASY on everyone involved—including you!
Our Fun Run also comes with a world-class character theme. This year’s theme is MINDSPARK MYSTERY LAB, combining S.T.E.A.M skills (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) with character-building. While they're teaming up with the MindSpark Kids to solve mysteries, our students will learn five 21st-century character traits that will help strengthen themselves and our world.
Through this year’s Fun Run, our school goal is to raise 20,000 for for more chrome carts and ipad carts. Teachers, we need YOUR help!
Teacher Action Steps during the program:
1. Check funrun.com, daily
2. Email your parents, daily
3. Promote pledging, daily
You will learn more at the Teacher Meeting on TEACHER MEETING February 12th, 3:15 in the libraryPlease bring your computers or phones to log on .
Let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to a fantastic program!
From Mrs. Cristan
From Mrs. Hoover
· Writing accommodations list will be going out by next Monday. Please look over and any changes need to be made by February 6th.
· I have only heard from Ms. Clark, this is telling me that all writing accommodations that were sent out are correct.
·· If you have an ESL student that is taking the writing benchmark and they need accommodations please come and see me before the end of this week.
·· TELPAS writing calibration day is set for February 19th. A schedule will be sent out of the times.
From Mrs. Villarreal
1. Teachers, please refer your students to the Anchored 4 Life TLC. I believe we are starting a new group next week.
2. I am still accepting referrals for GT testing. I have only heard from a few teachers.
3. Test anxiety groups will start next week. I will send you an email if you referred a student.
4. Thank you for correcting RTI and asking for help when needed. I really appreciate all your hard work with this.
**Sick leave is sick leave. If you (family) are sick, you are sick this includes dr. apts.
Relay for Life Elementary Fundraising
- Luncheons with $5 donations as we have in the past.
- We would also like to do the $5 jean Mondays with team shirts (start January 28). Pay Barnec
- February 8th. Donation of 100 cents for the 100th day of school from students. (free dress pass)
- Week BEFORE Relay (due to writing test week of Relay)-Fun Dress Day $1 per day
SIGN UP FOR OUR RELAY TEAM ONLINE OR CALL
Phone number: 1-800-227-2345
8 100th Day of School (collect 100cent donations and give to Barnec)
8 Maclovio Perez visits 4th grade
9 UIL Competition in G-P
12 Fun Run Staff Meeting 3:30 in Library
13 PBIS Meeting After School
13 Parent Involvement Conference
14 Valentine's Day & Class Party
16 Regional Coastal Bend Science Fair