We Are Together Tamanend!
October 26, 2012
Mix It Up Day 2012
Concussion Meeting & Testing for 9th Grade Winter Athletes
On November 5th there is a mandatory concussion meeting and testing for any CB South 9th Grade WINTER Athletes who did NOT attend the concussion meeting and testing in the fall. There will be two meetings in the Forum Room:
- 3:00 p.m. Meeting: Boys and Girls Swimming & Diving, Wrestling, and Boys Indoor Track.
- 4:15 p.m. Meeting: Boys and Girls Basketball, and Girls Indoor Track.
Students may take the "South Shuttle" over for their meeting.
Holloween Dress Up Contest
Red Ribbon Door Decorating
Help Tamanend While You Shop or Recycle
If you use the following vendors, please think about supporting TMS while you shop:
- Use this link to connect to Amazon to shop and Tamanend can earn as much as 15% of what you purchase!
- Giant Food Store has an A+ School Rewards program through their clip-less coupon card. Register your card and TMS will receive a percentage of your spendings.
- If you shop at Target and have a Target Red Card, you can register your card for Target's Take Charge of Education program so that Tamanend receives a percentage of your spending.
- Clip and send in Box Tops to the attention of NJHS; or, shop at the Box Top Market Place where you will find vendors such as Best Buy, KMart, Justice and more.
- If you like to shop online, check out the eScrip Online Mall. When you sign up for an account, selecting Tamanend earns money for our school.
- When you recycle your paper using our Abitibi bin located at the back of our Main Parking Lot, you have not only helped the environment, you help TMS, too.
Highlighted in a Previous TMS Update:
- Mrs. Myrtetus, TMS School Nurse, will be collecting clean, gently used coats from Tamanend families for CBSD families who need them from Monday, October 15 through Wednesday, October 31. Please conceal previous ownership by removing family names from the coat(s). For more information on this 19-year CB service project, click here.
- We need parents, students and staff for our Wellness Committee. If you are interested in helping with a fitness program after school, starting a vegetable garden in our courtyard, or have some other ideas to help our students and staff "go green" and stay fit, please contact Mrs. Mary McDonald, Mrs. Lauren Myrtetus and Ms. Brenda Scheffey about becoming involved in our Wellness Committee.
- Tamanend will hold its Veteran’s Day Assembly on November 9th. As part of assembly, we are asking for photos of Tamanend students pictured with military personnel to be presented as a video montage. The photos of TMS students can include both current students and alumni. If you have pictures to share, please submit them to Mr. Brian Blair by November 1, 2012 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students currently taking an Algebra course will take the PA Keystone Exam in Algebra this year, unless they took the Algebra Keystone two years ago and were proficient. The following is a link with more information about the PA Keystone Exams: http://www.cbsd.org/curriculum/assessment/Pages/PA-Keystone-Exams.aspx.
Please read and share with others our "TMS Points of Pride."
Please volunteer to help make this year at TMS great!
- Click here to register to receive CBSD text alerts.