The Astros' Press
A note from Mrs. Bolden...
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving break with your family. I enjoyed having all of my children home from college, and celebrating the baby of the family turning 18! We are now ready to conquer the final 3 weeks of this semester. Teachers will be conducting mid-year assessments during this time in order to collect mid-year growth data. I am excited to see the progress because I know everyone has worked so hard since August.
Please also note, your child's teacher will be sending out information regarding Holiday Class Parties and festivities.
As always, please reach out to me if you ever have any questions or ideas. We truly value our parents' feedback and involvement.
Miranda Bolden, Principal
Columbia Elementary School
Positive Office Referrals
Congrats to Daimon Anderson, Drake Eynon, Cohen Phillips, and Karleigh Rogers for receiving POSITIVE OFFICE REFERRALS! We are proud of your consistent display of our pillars of character. You are doing it the ASTRO WAY!
- We are excited to welcome parents to join their child for lunch. Due to limited space, we need to limit it to one guest. We have tables on the stage for you to enjoy this time with your child.
- If you plan on joining your child on a field trip, you will be asked to complete a background check. Please see the link below to access the link on the district website. This must be completed annually.
- Check-outs: If you need to check out your child, please do so before 2:15 (M-Th), and 1:55 (F). As our front office staff prepare for dismissal daily, this will ensure a smooth, timely experience for all.
- Please refrain from dropping off personal items after 7:40 to limit disruptions of instruction. While we will try to accommodate the delivery of glasses, chromebooks and jackets, we cannot support the delivery of snacks, water bottles and lunches.
- Our morning carline opens at 7:10 and closes promptly at 7:38. If you arrive after this time, please park in the front and walk your child in the front office. We appreciate your cooperation with this procedure, as it allows students and teachers to arrive to class on time.
- If your child is absent, please send excuse notes to Mrs. Dana at email@example.com
- Remember to follow our Facebook Pages: Columbia Elementary School and Columbia Elementary School PTA, and COlumbia Elementary Bus Information.
If you have any questions concerning Covid-19 symptoms or testing, please contact your school nurse for assistance.