The Astros' Press
A note from Mrs. Bolden...
It is hard to believe we are two weeks away from Fall Break! We are very proud of all that has been accomplished since the beginning of the school year, and we are excited for what is to come. Our teachers have settled in to the schedules, and great things are happening in our classrooms daily.
As a reminder, our Fundraiser is now in action. We also appreciate the support from the grandparents, family members, and community members who have donated!
Please see the important dates below:
- 9/18 - 3-5 Progress Reports
- 9/19 - "Talk Like a Pirate Day"
- 9/21 - 1st and 3rd Grades to BJHS - Charlotte's Webb
- 9/22 - 2nd and 4th Grades to BJHS - Charlotte's Webb
- 9/29 - Rock Your School
As always, please reach out with any questions, concerns, or ideas. Our school is stronger because of the support and involvement of our parents.
Mrs. Miranda Bolden, Principal
Columbia Elementary School
This Week's Character Trait: Responsibility
Positive Office Referrals
Congratulations to these ASTROS for shining brightly as they display characteristics of our pillars of character:
Order your YEARBOOK now!
Duty Free Lunch for Teachers! - Sign up HERE to help!
Duty Free Lunch 2023
Duty Free Lunch Please join the PTA in helping to give our wonderful teachers a duty free lunch. This will be once a month throughout the school year. We need your help to make it happen! Please find your child's teacher below and select an open slot to sign up.
Scan this QR Code to join the CES Bus Group!
Phonics "Cheat Sheet for Parents"!
- We are excited to welcome parents to join their child for lunch. Due to limited space, we need to limit it to one guest. We have tables on the stage for you to enjoy this time with your child.
- If you plan on joining your child on a field trip, you will be asked to complete a background check. Please see the link below to access the link on the district website. This must be completed annually.
- Check-outs: If you need to check out your child, please do so before 2:15 (M-Th), and 1:55 (F). As our front office staff prepare for dismissal daily, this will ensure a smooth, timely experience for all.
- Please refrain from dropping off personal items after 7:40 to limit disruptions of instruction. While we will try to accommodate the delivery of glasses, chromebooks and jackets, we cannot support the delivery of snacks, water bottles and lunches.
- Our morning carline opens at 7:10 and closes promptly at 7:38. If you arrive after this time, please park in the front and walk your child in the front office. We appreciate your cooperation with this procedure, as it allows students and teachers to arrive to class on time.
- If your child is absent, please send excuse notes to Mrs. Dana at email@example.com
- Remember to follow our Facebook Pages: Columbia Elementary School and Columbia Elementary School PTA, and Columbia Elementary Bus Information.
If you have any questions concerning Covid-19 symptoms or testing, please contact your school nurse for assistance.