Foreign Affairs Specialits
By: Yanira Gallegos
What they do?
They work with civil authorities and civilian populations in areas of operations in order to lessen their impact. A foreign affairs specialists support civil affairs and psychological operations while serving as liaison between the local population and the United States Government.
- Maintain and operate various voice and data communication devices
- Assess and determine the capabilities and effectiveness of foreign nations’ government functions systems including governance; public health & welfare; infrastructure; rule of law; economic stability; and public education and information
- Research finished and current intelligence and open-source information
- Perform initial analysis of enemy foreign propaganda products and other media
- Assist in establishment of basic services in order to support in-country rehabilitation
Training and Education Needed
Job training- is provided in some specialties. Training length varies by entry requirements and specialty area. Further training occurs on the job. Course content typically includes:
- Political and cultural awareness
- Development of foreign area expertise and language proficiency
- Organization and functions of diplomatic missions
High school Diploma
- Join Any military branch
- Gain Experience
The Salary ranges in $53,000 .
It mostly depends on what kind of rank you are in the military.