Kierra Wilkins, Kenya Ross
How Fats Functions in the body.
Fat is needed for good nutrition in the body, it carries vitamins A,D,E and K through the body. It cushions the body's vital organs, protects the body extreme temperstures. Fats provides a reserve supply of energy, supplies nutrientd called essential fatty acids such as omega and fatty acids. Good fats protect your heart and keep your body healthy, while bad fats increase your risk of disease and damage your heart.
Major sources of your fats.
The major sources of fat are buttes, oils, cooking oil, poultry, meat, seafoods, peanuts, olives and Avacados.
What can happen if you don't get enough fat or gets too much.
- If you dont get enough fat you won't have enough energy. It can cause dry, scaly, flaky, dull, or bumpy skin, depression or fatty food cravings.
- If you get too much fat it can cause excessive calorie intake, leading to weight gain.
Interesting facts about fats.
- Fats gives you energy.
- 4 different types of fat.
- Oxidation is a chemical process that causes unsaturated fats to spoil.
- Fats are solid at room temperature and often comes from animals.
- Lipids is another word from fat.
- Enssential fatty acids are required for good nutrition.
- Foundations of restaurant management & culinary arts- National Restaurant Association.
Fats, oils, waxes, steriods and other compunds.
Always eat healthy because fat can lead to weight gain.
Trans fatty acid.