COLLINS WEEKLY NEWS AND NOTES
SPOTLIGHT ON GREATNESS!
What Great Teacher Do Differently
Thank you all for such a "rich" book study discussion this week over chapter 1! I have truly enjoyed reading your exit tickets on who or what inspires you to want to be GREAT!
As we draw near to the end of the first grading period, I encourage each of us to reflect on our daily practices and interactions and decide if those practices and interactions are those of GREATNESS!
Thank you all for the work that you do, your dedication and drive to want to be your best, and remembering that ALL children DESERVE to have a GREAT teacher!
- Open House will take place on Thursday, September 22nd from 5:00pm-6:30 pm. More information will be shared about the format, but please be thinking about ways to make this a fun and interactive learning experience for your parents.
- It is time to begin showcasing the work of your students on your outside bulletin boards. Remember we are looking for authentic work! Make sure a TLW is also posted to communicate the objective!
- Please make sure that all students have an ID badge. As we prepare for library checkout and field trips, these IDs will be mandatory for participation.
- The next assignment for What Great Teachers Do Differently is Chapter 2! We will continue our discussion at next week's PLC!
- Staff may begin donating to the Angel Tree fund starting Monday! All staff are being asked to donate $15 to help support buying gifts for our students at Christmas time! As a token of appreciation you will be given a jeans pass that will allow you to wear jeans every Monday for the first semester of school. Thank you in advance for supporting our Angel Tree Initiative!
CELEBRITY OF THE WEEK
Thank you Mr. Barrett for all that you do for the students and staff at Collins! You rock!
SPOTLIGHT ON GREATNESS!
- Shout out to Shelya Waters and Isa Gotz for conducting a very useful week of PLC! It is great to see how the purposeful use of SIOP strategies will grow our students!
- Thank you to Courtney Grass and Mariely Matos for putting together a great week of Write From the Beginnning training....and thank you to all grade level teachers, members of ILT, and interventionist for your time and attention! We are excited about the full implementation of this program at Collins!
- Way to go to the following staff for using Schoology and Twitter to highlight the greatness at Collins: Triona Marlatt, Shola Ladejobi, Ana Cornejo, Migual Laracuente, Robyn Harris, Mariely Matos, and Diana Giraldo! I challenge each of you to flood these social networks next week with the GREAT things happening in your classrooms and around the building!
- Mrs. Villalpando was caught using the language building activity inside outside circle for students to communicate their learning.
- Ms. Godeau was caught using movement to teach her students about weathering! Awesome!
- Shout out to Jennifer Van Ross, our stand in liaison for the Family Center, for successfully welcoming 60 families to our grand opening! Thank you to all those many individuals who helped her around the building! Great team effort!
- Way to go to Ginger Edge for going above and beyond and supporting her high school alma mater by attending the Blue Out event this morning at 5 AM at Crump stadium! Thank you, Ginger, for your dedication and commitment to ALIEF! See a pic of the image below! (Ginger is part of the M! )
EXPLORERS IN ACTION!
19 Team Leader Meeting @ 3:45 pm
20 Bar Model PD @ 7:00 am
22 Open House 5:00 pm-6:30 pm
23 ILT Meeting @ 11:30 am
26 Fall Pictures
26 Staff Meeting
27 GAP Interest Meeting @ 3:45
29 Rice visit to Collins (5th grade)