September 18, 2020
Tamanend to Begin Hybrid Learning Thursday, October 1
Secondary students will return to school beginning Thursday, October 1. PLEASE CHECK TO SEE IF YOUR CHILD IS ASSIGNED TO HYBRID 1 or HYBRID 2. (Find your child’s hybrid group assignment on the PDF version of the schedule under “Documents” on the left-navigation bar in the Parent Portal). This informs which days they will attend in-person classes.
- HYBRID 1 attends school in-person on Mondays and Tuesdays, and online on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
- HYBRID 2 attends school in-person on Thursdays and Fridays, and online on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays.
- Students enrolled in the hybrid model, “Hybrid 2” will begin attending in-person classes on Thursday, October 1. Students enrolled in the hybrid model, “Hybrid 1” will begin attending in-person classes on Monday, October 5.
We will be sending several updates related to hybrid procedures over the next several days. Click here to visit the Hybrid Learning section of the Tamanend website for updates and further information.
How Will I Know Which Blended Learning Group My Child is In?
Materials Distribution Details for September 21, 22, 23
We have prepared a Drive-By Materials Distribution for your children to receive textbooks or other supplies that they may need from their teachers. This event will take place during the week of September 21st, between the hours of 3:00 and 6:30pm. Students will be divided into three groups, as described below.
Dates for Last Names Beginning with:
A through G- Monday (9/21)
H through M- Tuesday (9/22)
N through Z- Wednesday (9/23)
Instructions for Pick-Up:
- Enter the main Tamanend Parking lot (near the tennis courts) and stay to the right, forming a single-file line along the curb.
- Continue along the curb toward the flag pole, where a staff member will greet you and ask for your child’s name.
- As you continue to pull up toward the Cafeteria Patio, another staff member will bring the supplies out to you in a brown paper bag.
- Once you receive the items, please continue out of the parking lot, as directed by staff and the traffic cones.
- If you have questions or concerns, please pull off to the side and another staff member will attend to you.
If the courses that your child is enrolled in do NOT require additional materials to be picked up, you will receive an individual email so that you do not have drive through.
If you have trouble picking up the items at the scheduled time, please contact the Main Office at (267)893-2900 and we’ll arrange a different time for you to come.
CALENDAR ITEMS TO NOTE
School Holiday--Monday, September 28
Return to Tamanend for Hybrid 2 Group--Thursday, October 1
Return to Tamanend for Hybrid 1 Group--Monday, October 5
Required Dental Exams for 7th Graders--Proof of a dental exam due by October 15, 2020. Any dental exam since September of 2019 is acceptable.
Fall Sports to Begin Monday, September 21
Fall sports are ready to begin on Monday, September 21st. Several emails with important information were sent by Mr. Klein to student-athletes and parents/guardians registered for Fall sports on Family ID. Please be sure you are reading those carefully and taking care of all items that need to be completed. Included in that list are viewing the informational Power Point and completing the accompanying Forms survey, viewing the concussion education video, completing the ImPact Test (if applicable), and becoming familiar with all the information presented on the field maps sent to those registered on Family ID. If you have any questions, please reach out to Athletic Director Jeff Klein (email@example.com). Thank you for your attention to all of these matters!
Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA) Club at CB South for 9th Graders
If you are interested in pursuing a career in a science or health-related field, we invite YOU to join South’s medical club called HOSA (Health Occupations Students of America) —a nationally recognized organization that works to empower Future Health Professionals to become leaders in the global health community, while making new friends. It is one of the largest clubs at South with over 150 active student members!
In HOSA, we offer a variety of opportunities for you to explore…
✓ Volunteering and job shadowing with different organizations
✓ Competing in state and national medical related competitions (this is an optional part of the club but is HIGHLY recommended)
✓ Meaningful events like Voices for Venezuela and The American Red Cross Blood Drive
✓ Introducing you to experienced guest speakers who work in the medical field—some notable speakers from previous years include Dr. Auteri (Cardiothoracic Surgeon), Dr. Brendan Greer (Psychiatrist), and even former CB South students!
HOSA will be meeting the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month on Teams.
Register here for the meeting!
QUOTES AROUND TAMANEND
HELPFUL REMINDERS ABOUT TAMANEND PROCEDURES
Teachers will be taking attendance every class period during virtual learning. If your child is unable to participate in virtual learning during all or part of the day due to illness or medical appointment, please report your child's absence in any of the following ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone (Attendance hotline): 267-893-2920
FROM OUR MUSIC DEPARTMENT
Reminder--Chieftan Chorus Auditions
Chieftain Chorus Auditions
Named in honor of Tamanend’s namesake, Chief Tamanend, Chieftain Chorus is Tamanend’s large after-school select chorus. Auditions are open to any Tamanend student in Band, Chorus, or Orchestra class. Audition Information will be available soon on THIS PAGE. If you have any questions, you can email Mr. Sanchez
VIRTUAL LEARNING RESOURCES
Tamanend's Virtual Learning Quick Resource Guide
FROM OUR INNOVATION AND TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT
9th-12th Grade Student Technology Toolkit
FROM OUR HEALTH OFFICE
Reminder--Required 7th Grade Dental Exams
The current immunization requirements for the 2020-2021 school year are as follows:
Children in kindergarten through 12th grade are required to have the following vaccines:
· 4 doses DtaP – diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis (one dose must be on or after the 4th birthday)
· 4 doses Polio (one dose must be on or after the 4th birthday)
· 2 doses MMR – measles, mumps, rubella
· 3 doses Hepatitis B
· 2 doses Varicella (chicken pox)
Children entering 7th grade are also required to have:
· 1 dose Meningococcal Conjugate (meningitis)
· 1 dose Tdap – tetanus, diphtheria and acellular pertussis
To check the immunization status of your student, go to the Portal and click on the Health tab.
Please email proof of new vaccinations to our certified school nurse, Mrs. Lauren Myrtetus at email@example.com or mail it to us at 1492 Stuckert Rd. Warrington, PA 18976
FROM OUR CAFETERIA
Reminder--Free & Reduced Lunch/Breakfast Application
Reminder--Breakfast and Lunch Available to All Students at No Cost
During the period of online-only learning to begin the 2020-21 school year, grab-n-go breakfast and lunch will be available to all students at no cost. The student does not need to be present at pickup. Meal distribution will occur as follows beginning on the first day of school, September 8, 2020:
- Meals will be available for pickup at the following locations on Mondays and Thursdays, from 10:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m.:
- CB East
- CB South
- CB West
- Barclay Elementary School
- Groveland Elementary School
- Meal distribution will occur on Mondays and Thursdays from 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Distribution will be held on Tuesday 9/29/20, not on Monday 9/28/20
At no cost, breakfast and lunch will also be provided to any student who is attending the district's limited in-person programming during the online-only period. Details will be provided by building principals.
RESOURCES AND ASSISTANCE
Help with Resources
If you are experiencing a financial hardship, please know that the staff members listed below can help you and your family. We can provide assistance with food, clothing, field trips, student fees, internet access, and other issues. Please don't hesitate to contact us:
Brian Caughie, Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
Kyle Dudley, Assistant Principal email@example.com
Lauren Myrtetus, Certified School Nurse firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff Klein, Guidance Counselor email@example.com
Mandy Cammann, Guidance Counselor firstname.lastname@example.org
Grandfamilies Support Group
GETTING INVOLVED AND STAYING CONNECTED WITH TAMANEND
TMS Parent Council
Thursday, Oct. 15th, 9am
This is an online event.
Ways to Stay Connected with Tamanend
Here is a list of ways Tamanend communicates with students, families, and the community:
- Tamanend website: includes important information, resources, calendar of school events, and daily announcements
- Calendar of school events (posted on our website)
- Daily announcements (scrolling on TV screens during school day and posted on our website)
- TV show (weekly, during Advisory period)
- Email blasts from Tamanend administration regarding important news, new procedures, and reminders
- Parent Portal: student information, grades, and attendance
- Tamanend Connections newsletter: useful information, important reminders, and school highlights emailed weekly during school year and posted on Tamanend website
- Twitter: @CBTamanendMS highlights of activities, events, and daily life at Tamanend
- CBSD app: highlights of activities, events, and daily life in Central Bucks
Para nuestras familias hispanohablantes...
¡Bienvenidos a Tamanend! Yo soy Brian Caughie, Director de Tamanend Middle School. Soy hispanohablante. Pasé mucho de mi vida en España. Estoy aquí para apoyarles a todos los estudiantes y familias en Tamanend. Favor de llamarme or escribirme (en inglés o en español) si Ud. tiene cualquier duda o pregunta.
Correo electrónico: email@example.com
Oficina: (267) 893-2900