~MY Academy~ April Newsletter
MY School. MY Way.
Our Core Values
Diversity ~ Inclusivity ~ Academic Excellence ~ Hope ~ Service~ Feedback ~ GRATITUDE
Our Core Values drive everything we do at MY Academy. Each month, we will focus on one or two Core Values to highlight.
We pursue gratitude. We believe that if you look for reasons to be grateful you will find them. Gratitude leads to joy and student success. We commit to choosing gratitude daily. We are grateful you are here, and grateful for the opportunity to partner in your educational journey.
Registration is now open for the 2021-2022 school year!
- Reserve your spot by completing the registration process for the 2021-2022 school year
- If you need assistance with the registration process, contact your teacher of record, email email@example.com, or text/call 760-440-5271
- If you know a family member or friend that wants to learn more about MY Academy, send them this link.
- We want some feedback on our newsletter. Click here or on the survey icon to take a one-question survey.
- Want to learn about how to become rich?
- Talk to your Teacher of Record about different opportunities to learn about financial literacy.
- Get involved by playing The Stock Market Game with your Teacher of Record.
FAFSA and CADAA Application Extension
- If you missed the deadline to apply for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and California Dream Act Application (CADAA), the deadline has been extended.
- Talk to your Teacher of Record about how to apply.
ASSESSMENT AND ACCOUNTABILITY
Exact Path Diagnostics
- We will not be taking the state tests this school year.
- Instead, we will be taking a local assessment called Exact Path.
- Your Teacher of Record will schedule the assessments with you.
- Please be sure to take them by the deadline assigned by your teacher.
School Culture and Support
Bring Change To Mind (BC2M) Club:
- Club members participate in learning activities centered around reducing the stigma of mental health.
- Come join the fun!
- Contact Mrs. Sevcik for meeting times.
- This club meets every Friday at 1 PM
- Students in grades 6-8 meet weekly on Fridays to collaborate on different learning activities.
- Come join the fun!
1. Grab your smartphone or tablet
2. Introduce yourself
3. Complete one of the provided phrases in the flyer
It's as easy as that! Once you are done, send it to your Teacher of Record.
All videos may be used for promotional purposes.
Here is a sample video from a parent:
- Accepted to Linfield University in Oregon
- Accepted to Washington State University in Washington
- Still waiting for other acceptances and will make her decision when they all arrive
- She plans to study Environmental Science