What is it?
How to prevent Radon
- Determined by a radon kit
- You can find these at Lows' and Home Depot
- kills thousands of Americans every year.
- Smoking, radon, and secondhand smoke are the leading causes of lung cancer.
- Although lung cancer can be treated, the survival rate is one of the lowest for those with cancer.
- Radon is the number one cause of lung cancer among non-smokers, according to EPA estimates.
- Overall, radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer.
- Radon is responsible for about 21,000 lung cancer deaths every year.
- About 2,900 of these deaths occur among people who have never smoked.
- Lung cancer now surpasses breast cancer as the number one cause of death among women.
- is expressed in picoCuries per liter of air, or "pCi/L". A Curie is a unit of radioactivity equivalent to 1 gram of radium and the prefix "pico" means a trillionth.
If 1,000 people who smoked were exposed to this level over a lifetime*...
The risk of cancer from radon exposure compares to**...
WHAT TO DO:
Stop smoking and...
About 260 people could get lung cancer
250 times the risk of drowning
fix your home