Dear Crusader Families,
The First Trimester Interim envelopes were sent home with the students today.
Inside the envelopes you will find the following information:
- First Trimester Interim
- STAR Reading Report
- STAR Math Report
- MAP Testing Report- Below is information explaining the results on MAP Growth.
Parent-Teacher Conferences are scheduled for this evening. Please attend at your scheduled time, so the schedule stays as close as possible to the original schedule. If you are unable to make your scheduled time this evening, please email the classroom teacher. The school office will be closed this evening.
Just a friendly reminder that Friday, September 29 (tomorrow), there is No School due to a Staff Work Day.
Please review, sign, and return the First Trimester Interim on Monday, October 2. Only the Interim needs to be returned. All testing reports are for the family to keep.
We are blessed this week to have so many Crusader Shout-Outs from our amazing students!
As always, thank you for all you do to support the school!
Crusaders Speaking Spanish
Below are some Crusader Shout-Outs (in Spanish). Mr. Fall wanted to showcase our talented students speaking Spanish after 4 weeks of instruction.
Cross Country Crusaders
Congratulations to the following students who have received the following Crusader Cross Country Shout-Outs this season:
S. Tebbe- 7th grade
- Placing 5th overall at the Sacred Heart Cross Country Meet!
- Placing 4th at the Vic Roberts Cross Country Meet!
- Placing 3rd at the Midwest Catholic Cross Country Meet!
Placing 5th and setting a new 7th grade school record at the Hopewell Cross Country Meet!
O. Morwood- 8th grade
- Coming in 1st place at the Sacred Heart Cross Country Meet!
- Placing 5th at the Vic Roberts Cross Country Meet!
- Placing 4th at the Eaton Cross Country Meet. His time set a new SFDS record for the 2 mile race!
- Placing 4th at the Midwest Catholic Cross Country Meet!
- Placing 4th at the Hopewell Cross Country Meet!
Crusaders in the Community
Little Amal is a 12-foot puppet of a 10-year-old Syrian refugee girl who has traveled across 15 countries meeting more than a million people. She is bringing attention to the fact that half of all refugees are children. Half of all school age refugee children have lost their opportunity of a formal education and have fled war and persecution.
Between September 7- November 5, 2023, Amal will visit some of the country’s most iconic sites and natural landscapes that have become synonymous with the vast expanse of the United States. She will journey 6,000 miles across the United States. She will visit 40 towns and cities from Boston to San Diego.
On Friday, September 22, Little Amal was in Cincinnati, OH. One of our 7th grade students, Nick, was able to attend the event downtown with the Cincinnati Boychoir.
DECK THE HALLS
Donation Items Needed
Please donate any of the following. Donations can be brought to the School or Parish Office:
- Religious Art
- Rosaries, Statues
- Yard Statues
- Advent and Lenten items
- Nativity Scenes
- Children's religious items
For any questions, please contact the following:
- Kim Burke- firstname.lastname@example.org, 513- 850-3716 (Christmas Items)
- Pat & Jim Schuman- 513-933-9022 or 937-760-9022 (Grandma's Attic)
- Marta Bellman- 513-882-6440 or Angie Cole- 513- 543-9187 (Religious items)
iSPACE Day is a FREE annual event that showcases the wonders of STEM education and careers. Try on a Space Suit, drive a robot, look through a telescope, and so much more. Local STEM-based businesses will also feature demonstrations on the latest in 3D Printing, surgical instruments, aircraft engines, GPS, drone technology, and other amazing advancements in STEM! It's an inspiring way to spend a Saturday!