Week of May 9th-13th
The 4th grade classes will be going to the Porter County Fair Grounds on Tuesday, May 10th. We will be going to experience Agriculture Day where students will learn about farm animals and equipment. We will leave Central at approximately 9 AM and return at approximately 11:15 AM.
It's hard to believe that we are already talking about Field Day! Where has the time gone?! Field Day will be held Thursday, June 2nd. Every class has been assigned a color to wear that day in order to help staff keep track of all the kiddos. Our class color is royal blue. Please do not feel obligated to buy a shirt in this color if your child does not have one.
Just a few reminders:
- Please have your child wear sunscreen--No one wants to start the summer with a nasty sunburn!
- We will have water stations at Field Day, but your child is able to bring a water bottle of his/her own.
- If your child is susceptible to bug bites, please put bug spray on prior to sending him/her to school.
Student Council's "Mayhem Days"
The Mayhem Days are fun, dress up days for our Central students and staff in the month of May. Here is a list of the fun that is coming our way.
- Thursday, May 12 - Neon Day (wear neon colored clothing)
- Friday, May 20 - Famous Person Day (dress up like someone famous from the past or present!!)
- Friday, May 27 - Favorite Sports Team Day (wear a shirt or jersey from your favorite professional or college sports team)
- types of environments and the different animals and plants that they support
I am so impressed with how well the class did on their unit 6 test! Fraction and decimal skills can be hard to learn, and the kids did an AMAZING job!
This week, we are continuing to work more with mixed numbers. We will be practicing:
- subtracting mixed numbers with regrouping
- adding and subtracting mixed numbers with unlike denominators
We are now switching gears from writing to grammar and will be working on an adjective and adverb unit. This week, we will focus on the following skills:
- defining what an adjective is
- identifying adjectives
- using special adjectives called articles (a, an, & the)
- identifying adjectives after linking verbs
Spelling: Unit 9 Week 2
The Core Words are guaranteed to be on Friday's spelling test. I will also choose 10 of the Test Words to include on the spelling test. Students can practice this week's words by going onto spellingcity.com.
***Due to the 4 day week, the spelling test will be on Thursday.***
Important Dates to Remember:
May 13th: No School
May 16th: PTA meeting @ 6:30 pm in the cafeteria
May 18th: Papa John's Restaurant Fundraiser
May 30th: Memorial Day--No School
June 2nd: Field Day
June 3rd: Last Day of School; End of the 4th grading period
Specials and Lunch/Recess Schedule
Tuesday: Music and Gym
Wednesday: Music and Gym