Player Early Childhood Center
Welcome Back to School!
Please understand that when we return to on-site learning, the teachers will not be able to also have live sessions as frequently as they are now. Your child may only be in school for two days a week, but teachers will have students onsite for 4 days a week. On Mondays, they will plan out their week, which will be lessons for online AND for onsite learning. They will still be able to answer your questions at the end of their school day when students are dismissed. We ask that you are patient with them as they will be quite busy!!
The plan of having students onsite for two days a week will begin on October 1st. This will be one day after our elementary students return to onsite learning. This will give parents with older students a chance to focus on getting those students back into school before the younger student has to also get ready for this big day. October 1st is a Thursday so it will be only for students in Track A. October 2nd is a Friday so that day will be for students in Track B. The following week, each Track will begin with their 2 days a week. The only thing that may change this plan again would be if we are mandated to close from the Governor's Office. Otherwise, we look forward to seeing our little ones come in face-to-face on October 1st and 2nd.
Here is the link to the updated schedule for your reference.
Please reach out to us at Player School if you have any questions about this plan going forward.
Director of Early Childhood
Player School Plan for 2020-2021
Player School will follow all safety procedures and protocol that were presented by Superintendent, Dr. Blair Nuccio in the Indian Springs School District 109 Return to School document sent to all families through the Alert Solutions. The school district plan can also be found on isd109.org website. Because of the uniqueness of our program with the younger students, Player School will have a different schedule than that of the elementary schools.
The details to our hybrid plan will be as follows:
- Player School will offer a hybrid plan with students attending school 2 days a week and participating in remote e-learning from home for 3 days a week.
- Each class will be split into Group A and Group B.
- Group A will attend school in person on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Group B will attend school in person on Wednesdays and Fridays.
- No student attendance on Mondays.
- All classes will operate at the same usual times: AM 8:15-10:45 and PM 11:45-2:15.
- The first day of in person instruction will be Thursday, October 1st.
- See Schedule
- Please remember to answer the Question of the Day in Google Classroom when you are on the remote end of learning. This is how we are keeping track of attendance. If you are having difficulty with technology or still do not know how to log in, please reach out to your child's teacher as soon as possible.
When in school:
- Students and staff will be required to wear masks when.
- Six foot distancing will be practiced as much as feasibly possible.
- Masks can be removed when outside or when eating.
- Classroom adjustments will be made to spread students out into centers.
Other details will be shared with you next week when we send out our Virtual Open House. Our Open House for this year was originally scheduled for Thursday, September 10th. With the current situation we are in, an in-person gathering of that size is still not allowed. Because of this, we are working on a virtual version to introduce ourselves to all of you. We are not actors and many of us are not always comfortable in front of a camera, but we are trying our best to share with you a little bit about Player School. I hope you enjoy it. Please keep an eye out for this next week. Until then, thank you all for your support with the e-learning you are doing with your children. Without all of you, we would not be successful. I know this is very challenging and not an ideal way to learn, but we hope that this will at least help the children become familiar with their teachers and make the transition back into the classroom a little easier.
Please feel free to reach out if you have additional questions or concerns.
Thank you so much!!