April 11, 2016
Information Bars! Please Click!
Each year, we want to gather feedback to look at what we are doing well and what do we need to improve on. Please take a few minutes to complete this survey. Thanks You!
Sonic Bookstore is Back!!
How can Parents Help Promote a Growth Mindset?
Over the next few newsletters, I'll share some strategies that parents can use to help their children develop a "growth mindset". Growth Mindset is a believe that students can learn anything given the right feedback, a variety of strategies, and hard work.
4. Encourage responsible risk, failing, and learning from mistakes.
Now is the time to let our kids risk and fail. Failure teaches our kids important life lessons. For one, it’s how they learn resiliency. But we often want to prevent our kids from failing, from feeling upset or sad.
We must let our kids fail now so that they can strengthen their growth mindset muscles. If we don’t, they will be adults with no perseverance, with no belief in their abilities to work hard and succeed.
Make it a Date!
April 11: Spotlight Awards K-2 & Team @ 9AM, 3-6 @ 10AM
April 15: Chuck E Cheese Night
April 16: Elementary Band Concert @ North HS
April 19,20 & 21: ELA ISTEP+ Testing
April 26,27 & 28: Math/Science/Social Studies ISTEP+ Testing
April 28: 5th grade Band Sign-ups
May 12: Spring Choir Concert
May 18: Family Success Night ( Great time to bring Grandparents)
May 16-20: Book Fair
May 20: Chuck E Cheese Night
May 23: Field Day (Grandparents Day is now part of Family Success Night)
May 24: Sixth Grade Graduation
May 25: Spotlight Awards K-2 & Team @ 9AM, 3-6 @ 10AM
May 25 Last Student Day....Have a Great summer and READ,READ,READ
STRIKE UP THE BAND!
NEW FLYERS ADDED WEEKLY! CLICK BELOW!
Click the above link to learn more about a community programs and opportunities like sports, contest, and much more. I will update this folder each Monday!
Previous Newsletter Information
Central and Northside Middle schools have shared important dates and opportunities for our current 6th graders. (Click above for more information)
Kindergarten Enrollment is HERE! Enroll Now
What to Bring:
- Proof of Residency - electric/water/gas bill, mortgage/lease statement. (cable/phone bills will not work)
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Records
If you have a child you feel would benefit for early Kindergarten enrollment, you can view the application materials online. The deadline to turn in applications for early Kindergarten enrollment is April 1st. This is only for students younger than 5 by August 1st.
DO YOU HAVE A 4 YEAR-OLD OR A WILL-BE 4 YEAR-OLD AT HOME?
MORE THAN just LUNCH!
If your family meets the income qualifications for free or reduced lunch, and even if your child brings his or her lunch to school, there are several benefits that may be available for your family:
- Textbook Assistance: For financial assistance with textbook fees, check the box on the back of the free/reduced lunch application
- Elementary Backsacks Program: For weekend food, see school counselor
- High School - ACT/SAT Testing Fees: See school counselor
- High School - Dual Credit/AP Courses: See school counselor
- Discounted Internet service :$9.95 per month through Comcast — Internet Essentials — 1-855-824-8376
- Discounted Computer: $149.99 through Comcast — Internet Essentials — 1-855-846-8376
- Discounts for Sports Program Fees: See school Athletic Director
- iCare afterschool program: limited scholarships available - See BCSC website
- Click here to access this information on the BCSC website.
Links to GREAT Information - More than Lunch 2016
Spanish version Spanish, More than Lunch
Questions? Please contact: Suzi Bruin, BCSC Nutrition Assistance Coordinator, at 812-314-3851 or firstname.lastname@example.org