Death is Everywhere
What to Pack to Survive on a Tropic Island
Backpacks are useful, just ask Dora
Make sure to pack plenty of supplies because you never know how long rescue will take
Have enough medical supplies for however many people you are with
To avoid death in the wilderness there are several items that you must have in your backpack
Your survival kit need not be elaborate. You need only functional items that will meet your needs and a case to hold the items. For the case, you might want to use a Band-Aid box, a first aid case, an ammunition pouch, or another suitable case. This case should be--
- Water repellent or waterproof.
- Easy to carry or attach to your body.
- Suitable to accept multiple sized components.
In your survival kit, you should have--
- First aid items.
- Water purification tablets or drops.
- Fire starting equipment.
- Signaling items.
- Food procurement items.
- Shelter items.
Some examples of these items are--
- Lighter, metal match, waterproof matches.
- Snare wire.
- Signaling mirror.
- Wrist compass.
- Fish and snare line.
- Small hand lens.
- Oxytetracycline tablets (diarrhea or infection).
- Water purification tablets.
- Solar blanket.
- Surgical blades.
- Butterfly sutures.
- Condoms for water storage.
- Chap Stick.
- Needle and thread.
- Include a weapon only if the situation needs. Read about and practice the survival techniques in this manual. Consider your unit's mission and the environment in which your unit will operate. Then prepare your survival kit.