Lincoln Crossing Colt Connection
February 17, 2019
Mrs. Hladun's Tidings
We hope you are enjoying your long weekend! We look forward to welcoming our Colts back to campus on Tuesday, 2/18.
It's hard to believe but as of this Friday, we are 2/3 of the way through the school year! The Trimester ends on Fri., 2/22 and report cards will be sent home with students on Friday, 3/8. You are encouraged to contact your teacher with any questions you may have about your child's progress in school.
Box Tops are due to student's teachers this week - visit this link to print a collection sheet. Help us out by checking expiration dates and taping your BTs to these sheets! We appreciate it!
This week, on Thursday, 2/21 from 5:30-6:30 pm, we will be hosting a Family Math Night (click here for a flier). We'll be providing resources for families to support their child at home, introducing families to some fun math games that build skills, too, and sharing a fun tool you can used called 'math talks' that will help parents see how their child is 'seeing math' and applying their skills. Join us!
If you've been here in years past, you'll remember that the spring time is traditionally a very busy time at LCES with many activities, field trips, performances, and it's also assessment season. If you have any questions about what's going on at school, we invite you to contact your child's teacher, look at our school calendar (via our website, this newsletter, or our free app - see the links below), or contact the school's front office.
Our Lost & Found is getting full - please take a minute to label your child's jackets, sweaters, hats, gloves, lunch boxes, and water bottles (we always make it a point to get things back to kids), but we will be donating items after Friday, 3/15.
New Student Registration (including TK & K) for 2019-20 School Year
New student registration for the 2019-20 year has begun and we have taken in many K and TK applications already! All the information you need about registration can be found on our website (www.lces.wpusd.org) or via the school district's site at www.wpusd.org.
Key Next Steps (Friday, 3/1 is the next big date to keep in mind)
- Current LCES families who are bringing in new kindergarten students must submit their registration materials by 4pm on Friday, 3/1 in order to secure their child's spot in our K program.
- The district will host a lottery in early March for the district's TK program - we encourage you to submit any applications for TK by Friday, 3/1 so that your application is a part of the lottery - contact Scott Pickett at the District Office for more information about the lottery process.
- All current LCES families will receive a form later this month where they indicate if they plan to return to LCES in the fall - stay tuned.
- We'll be updating all families about K registration as soon as we can confirm our registration for next year - we hope to be in touch with all incoming K families in March/early April.
Where to get forms, links & more information:
StarStruck is Around the Corner!
Description:On their show day, students should plan to arrive in their classrooms between 5:30-5:40 pm. There will be a 6 pm and 7 pm show; students will be dismissed from classroom following the 7 pm show concludes (around 7:45 pm).
Classes performing on Wednesday, 2/27 at 6pm and 7 pm:
K: Warren, Giannini; 1st: Risucci, Wetzstein; 2nd: Stelma, Beatty; 3rd: Botonis, Stuckey; 4th: Shye, Williams; 5th: Wright, Sliepen
Classes performing on Thursday, 2/28 at 6pm and 7pm:
K: Swanson, Fleshman; 1st: Cook, Cassidy; 2nd: Ochoa, Shelton; 3rd: Bombard, Crook; 4th: Coleman; 4/5 Combo: Whiteside; 5th: Hill
Academic Talent Search ATS Testing 2/25/2019
Taking the test automatically qualifies you to participate in ATS. The test will take a little more than an hour.
Here are the steps to participate:
1. Return the form by Tuesday February 19, 2019 we need these a week ahead so we can get the appropriate number of testing materials.
2. Have your student bring the $20.00 testing fee THE DAY OF THE TEST (cash, check or money order payable to ATS).
If you are unable to attend the testing date there are other dates offered at Sacramento State and are listed on the note sent home.
Please contact Assistant Principal Kristen Beck with any questions by calling the school.
Week of February 18th:
- Mon., 2/18: No School
- Tues., 2/18, lunchtime: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meetings (Beautification & Kindness)
- Tues., 2/18 2:45 pm-3:45 pm: Math Tutoring for invited 2nd graders
- Wed., 2/20: Box Tops Due
- Wed., 2/20, lunchtime: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meetings (Cares)
- Wed., 2/20, 2:45-4 pm: Peter Pan, Jr. Ensemble Rehearsal; Music Room
- Wed., 2/20, 2:45-3:45 pm: Math Tutoring for invited 1st, 4th and 5th graders
- Thurs., 2/21: Star Struck tickets can be purchased without per family limits
- Thurs., 2/21, 12:30-1:20 pm: Leadership Ambassador Council Meeting
- Thurs., 2/21, 2:45-3:45 pm: Math Tutoring for invited 4th and 5th graders
- Thurs., 2/21, 5:30-6:30 pm: Family Math Night! (click here for flier)
- Fri., 2/22: End of 2nd Trimester (report cards go home on 3/8)
- Fri., 2/22: Colt Pride Day
- Fri., 2/22, 2-3:30 pm: Peter Pan, Jr. Ensemble & Cast Rehearsal, MPR Stage
Week of February 25th:
- Week of 2/25: Read Across America Week
- Mon., 2/25: Early Release Day
- Mon., 2/25 1-1:40 pm: Leadership Ambassador Council Meeting
- Mon., 2/25, 1:45-2:40 pm: Choir Rehearsal
- Mon., 2/25, 2-3 pm: Optional Academic Talent Search Assessment given
- Tues., 2/26, lunchtime: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meetings (Beautification & Kindness)
- Tues., 2/26, 2:45-3:45 pm: Song Writers Workshop #2
- Tues., 2/26, 2:45 pm-3:45 pm: Math Tutoring for invited 2nd graders
- Wed., 2/27, lunchtime: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meetings (Cares)
- Wed., 2/27, 2:45-4 pm: Peter Pan, Jr. Ensemble Rehearsal; Music Room
- Wed., 2/27, 2:45-3:45 pm: Math Tutoring for invited 1st, 4th and 5th graders
- Wed., 2/27, 5-9 pm: PTC Panda Express Dine Out
- Wed., 2/27, 6 pm, 7 pm: Star Struck (see details above)
- Thurs., 2/28, 12:50-1:20 pm, Music Room: Peter Pan, Jr. Choir Rehearsal
- Thurs., 2/28, 2:45-3:45 pm: Math Tutoring for invited 3rd, 4th and 5th graders
- Thurs., 2/28, 6 pm, 7 pm: Star Struck (see details above)
- Fri., 3/1: Colt Pride Day
- Fri., 3/1, 2-3:30 pm: Peter Pan, Jr. Ensemble & Cast Rehearsal, MPR Stage
- Fri., 3/1, 4 pm: Last opportunity for current LCES families to submit K registration and have their K spot guaranteed
- Sat., 3/2, 6 pm: Boots and Bling Sweetheart Dance at TBMS
Week of March 4th:
- Mon., 3/4: Early Release Day
- Mon, 3/4: APEX Fun Run Kicks Off (Fun Run is on Wed., 3/13)
- Mon., 3/4, 1-1:40 pm: Leadership Ambassador Council Meeting
- Mon., 3/4, 1:45-2:40 pm: Choir Rehearsal
- Tues., 3/5, 10:05-10:20 am: Leadership Ambassador Meeting
- Tues., 3/5, lunchtime: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meetings (Beautification & Kindness)
- Tues., 3/5, 2:45 pm-3:45 pm: Math Tutoring for invited 2nd graders
- Tues., 3/5, 5 pm: PTC Meeting; Library
- Wed., 3/6, lunchtime: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meetings (Cares)
- Wed., 3/6, 2:45-4 pm: Peter Pan, Jr. Ensemble Rehearsal; Music Room
- Wed., 3/6, 2:45-3:45 pm: Math Tutoring for invited 1st, 4th and 5th graders
- Thurs., 3/7, 12:50-1:20 pm, Music Room: Peter Pan, Jr. Choir Rehearsal
- Thurs., 3/7, 2:45-3:45 pm: Math Tutoring for invited 3rd, 4th and 5th graders
- Fri., 3/8: Colt Pride Day
- Fri., 3/8: Trimester 2 Report Cards Sent Home
- Fri., 3/8, 2-3:30 pm: Peter Pan, Jr. Ensemble & Cast Rehearsal, MPR Stage
Preview of Week of March 11th:
- We anticipate that the district will host the TK Lottery this week
- ELPAC Testing begins for our English Language Learners
- Tues., 3/12: Songwriters Workshop #3
- Wed., 3/13: APEX Fun Run Day!
- Donating Lost and Found after 3/15
*all Leadership, Musical Theater, and Choir program details are on Mrs. Adam's website or click the link below.
Upcoming Non School Days & Early Release Days - Winter/Spring 2019
- Saturday, 4/13-Monday, 4/22: Spring Break (School Resumes on Tuesday, 4/23)
- Monday, 5/27: Memorial Day
- Week of June 3rd-June 7th: Early Release Days (1:40 Release)
- Saturday, 6/8 - Wednesday, 8/14: Summer Break (School Starts on Thursday, 8/15)
Visit our website for the most updated schedules for our Leadership Ambassador Program, including the greeter schedule!
Click for more information about school meal pricing and breakfast and lunch menus. You can also access My School Bucks to add to your child's lunch balance and submit an online application for free/reduced meals.
Click to view a map that identifies appropriate drop off/pick up areas and parking areas. It is much less congested between between 7:50-8:00 am and again between 2:50-3 pm. Supervision is provided at 7:55 am and until 3 pm (2 on ER days).
The district has approved and published 2 years of school calendars! Click for details!