From Dirty to Clean
What are the steps involved?
- Dirty or contaminated water is put in a bowl
- Then a clean and smaller bowl is put in the center
- Then some cling wrap is put on the top and secured
- Something small and heavy is put on top of the cling wrap like a small rock or coin
- Then it is put in the sun
What is the distillate?
Give three products that result from the process of distillation
Clean water, Dirty water and Steam
Compare solar distillation to distillation performed in the Science Lab
Solar distillation in the lab is obviously done via machine so automatically and it is using fire. Then it is condensed through a specially made pipe. And when you do it yourself it is done manually using natural heat from the sun and raw, everyday materials.
DIstiation in lab diagram
In a lab everything is done with forced heat and condensation.
DIstilation at home
Distilation at home is done with a natural process.
Distilation in real life