The Bulldog Bulletin
Friday, April 5th, 2019
- MAP Testing-April 15-26 (details below)
- Healthy Kids Week-April 22-26
- PTO Meeting-May 2 @ 7pm
- Blacktop Ball-May 3 5:30pm-7:00pm
- Early Dismissal-May 10 @ 11:45am
- Crossover Day-May 14 @ 9:15am
- Field Day-May 17
- 5th Grade Party-May 21
- Field Day Rain Date-May 22
- 5th Grade Farewell Celebration-May 24
- Last day of School & Early Release- May 24 @ 11:45am
Health & Wellness Event
Who is coming and what are the free raffle items? Click on the following link to see all the resource tables and presentations for the event, as well as a list of the current raffle items.
Please keep spreading the word to neighbors and friends! If you have any questions please free to contact Dr. Betsy Moppert, Wellness Event Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5th Grade Art Show!
Contact: Marissa Capron at email@example.com
Come and Watch Intelligent Lives on April 17th at 6:00 P.M.
From award-winning filmmaker Dan Habib comes INTELLIGENT LIVES, a catalyst to transform the label of intellectual disability from a life sentence of isolation into a life of possibility for the most systematically segregated people in America.
INTELLIGENT LIVES stars three pioneering young American adults with intellectual disabilities – Micah, Naieer, and Naomie – who challenge perceptions of intelligence as they navigate high school, college, and the workforce. Academy Award-winning actor and narrator Chris Cooper contextualizes the lives of these central characters through the emotional personal story of his son Jesse, as the film unpacks the shameful and ongoing track record of intelligence testing in the U.S.
INTELLIGENT LIVES challenges what it means to be intelligent, and points to a future in which people of all abilities can fully participate in higher education, meaningful employment, and intimate relationships.
Film length: 70 minutes
2019 Bristol Day At the Ballpark
2019 Bristol Day At the Ballpark
This year’s Bristol Day at the Ballpark is Saturday, May 11th at 1:15 pm. The Bristol Bravos will be singing The National Anthem before the game!! This event is open to ALL Bristol families! We would love to have you join us! Tickets are $20 each. Checks should be made out to Bristol PTO. All proceeds from ticket sales will be used by classroom teachers to put needed learning tools in the hands of our students. A link to the order form is included here. Please return your ticket orders to John Helmig, 4th grade teacher, NO LATER THAN FRIDAY APRIL 12th!
Please consider joining us. It’s a great time, for a great cause, and an awesome opportunity to hang out with your Bristol community!
Office Contact Information
Please help us with traffic flow
Because of our location arrival and dismissal are challenging. There are a few things that can help:
- No Parking Zones: Please observe designated No Parking zone on W Cedar heading away from Bristol. Cars parked here slow traffic flow and create an unsafe situation at the crosswalk. Thank You!
- U-Turns: Please do not make U-Turns on Gray or in the intersection or Gray & Cedar during arrival or dismissal. This slows traffic flow and creates an unsafe situation at the crosswalk. Thank You!
- Drop & Go: Please refrain from parking and exiting your vehicle during arrival & dismissal times. If you must park please pull all the way down Gray or park on a neighboring street.
Little Statemen Store
The Ambrose PTO has gained permission to open an online Little Statesmen Store specializing in spirit wear for the youngest of children in the district (infants through preschool). The High School Parents Club graciously shared their designs with us so we could be the providers for little kids. Please help our PTO support the Ambrose Center by sharing this information. The store will be open for three weeks so timing is everything.
Link to the store: https://littlestatesmen.itemorder.com
Allergies & Lunch Room Seating