This Week in DHS Band and Guard
Week of November 28, 2022
This Week's Schedule
Monday, November 28th
- Region Auditions, Davenport HS, check in at 5 pm, 9:30 pm approximate parent pick up
Tuesday, November 29th
- Band Booster Meeting, 6 pm, DHS Auditorium
Wednesday, November 30th
- Unified Recruitment Event, 10 am, Drumline performing
- Unified Recruitment Event, evening time TBA, SLT working table
Thursday, December 1st
- Varsity Winter Guard Practice, 5-7:30 pm
Friday, December 2nd
- Jazz Band at Tree Lighting, evening, Garden Ridge Community and Events Center
Region Band Auditions
Region Band Audition are Monday, November 28th. Students that are auditioning may not wear clothing that identifies them as a Davenport HS student.
Schedule for the Day
- 4:45 pm - Meeting for all adults and students serving as room monitors at library circulation desk
- 5:00 pm - Check in begins at audition rooms
- 5:30 pm - Auditions begin
- 9:30 pm - Approximate end time for auditions
The concession stand will be open in the cafeteria. Students auditioning need to have a plan for dinner - either bring food or purchase from concessions.
We are still in need to volunteers to help host auditions. We need volunteers to serve at room monitors as well as work concession for the auditions. The job for room monitors is to check students in for their audition, then assist with making sure students are in the correct order for their audition. There will be a short meeting at 4:45 pm at the library circulation desk the day of the auditions so we can explain the job in more detail. In addition, we need volunteers to assist with concessions on Monday night. The Concessionaire will donate $10/hour to the booster club for each person that volunteers. The sign up genius to volunteer as a room monitor or work in concessions is below.
Students who earn a chair in the region band will earn a Davenport HS Letter Jacket. The clinic and concert is Monday, December 5th at Davenport HS for students that make the bands.
Here are room assignments for students auditioning. Warm up is in the cafeteria. We will not have access to the band hall between 5:30 pm and 9:30 pm.
Instrument - Check In Area, Audition Room
Flute - A.B1.076 and 74, A.B1.075
Bb Clarinet - A.B1.070 and 72, A.B1.069
Alto Sax/Tenor Sax - A.B2.013, A.B2.015
Euphonium/Bari Sax - A.B1.047, A.B1.045
Horn/Alto Cl./Contra Cl. - A.B2.017, A.B2.021
Trumpets - Auditorium, Black Box Theater
Trombone/B. Trombone/St. Bass - A.B2.053, A.B2.052
Tuba/Bass Cl./Oboe/Bssn - A.B1.036, A.B1.034
Percussion - Orchestra Room, Band Hall
Garden Ridge Christmas Tree Lighting
Butter Braid Fundrasier
We are running the Butter Braid Fundraiser through December 7th at 11:59pm. Delivery will be December 14th. We are raising money for next years marching show :)
Here is the link to create an individual Butter Braid accounts.
Here is a video explaining the fundraiser.
Winter Guard Results
Junior Varsity Winter Guard Roster
Here are some important dates for winter guard season.
- December 12 - Winter Guard parent meeting immediately after Holiday Concert
Fee payments (Use this link for everything except instrument usage fees.)
- December 5th, ATSSB Region Band Concert and Clinic, Davenport HS, All Day
- December 8th, Jazz Band plays at Fine Arts Showcase, Davenport HS, evening
- December 12th, Band Holiday Concert and Winter Guard Parent Meeting, Davenport HS, 7 pm
- December 13th, Concert Band auditions during class (chromatic scale and 1st phrase of fast region etude)
Director of Bands
Associate Band Director
Color Guard Director
Color Guard Assistant Director
Director of Bands
Assistant Director of Bands