Make Video Interactive for Students
Descriptor of Session:
Learn how to use Playposit to engage students, create self-paced lessons, and place accountability on students for their own learning. Playposit allows you to embed video from YouTube and many other sites or upload your own and then insert multiple types of questions into the video. Students can access the videos across any device, at their own pace, and you get the data. Perfect for teachers looking to develop blended and/or flipped lessons.
PLC Guiding Questions
- What is it we want our students to learn?
- How will we know if each student has learned it?
- How will we respond when some students do not learn it?
- How can we extend and enrich the learning for students who have demonstrated proficiency?
- · Participants will complete an interactive playposit activity as a student
- · Participants will view data from that activity from a teacher perspective
- · Participants will create classes in Playposit and learn how to add students
- · Participants will explore the Premade Bulb Library and learn how to add them to their own classes
- · Participants will create a Playposit lesson using at least 3 different types of questions
- · Participants will learn how to assign lessons to students
· Participant can create classes and add students to Playposit
· Participant can find and copy shared lessons
· Participants can create a bulb with 3 types of questions
· Participants can assign the lesson to students
· Participants can locate the data from lessons
Work on the Bellwork while we wait for everyone to join us.
Join my Class
Task 1: Class Creation and Best Practice for Adding Students
· Go to playposit and login through Office 365
· Create a class and discuss adding students to the class
o Class Code – students sign in and search for class through a code
o Class URL – students sign in and are added to the class
o Easiest way is to share a video and enable auto-enroll Learners to this class
§ Must Have a Class Created and share from within that class
§ When students sign in they are enrolled in your class
- Future videos can just be assigned to the class
Task 2: Exploring Pre-Made Bulbs and Feedback
· Explore the pre-made bulbs and copy one to your class
o Bulbs in My Community are created by members of your school
o Copied bulbs can be edited
· View the feedback from the playposit demo bulb you completed at the start
o ITC shows analysis (Monitor) 2 ways to get there
§ My Bulbs click on the 3 dots and choose Monitor
§ Click on your class and then the chart icon located next to each bulb
o Monitor – shows feedback for the bulbs completed in your class
o Explore the data from a completed bulb
Task 3: Bulb Creation
· Find a video from Youtube and copy the link
· Create a bulb in playposit and see where to paste that link
o You can also upload your own video content
o PlayPosit Chrome Extension lets you pull video directly from many sources and even create video directly in PlayPosit (optional – will be covered in Advanced session in detail)
· Examine the process of adding questions to a video
o Add at least 3 different types of questions
Task 4: Explore Bulb Settings and Sharing
- · Explore bulb settings – 3 dots in upper right-hand corner
- o Allow viewers to rewind during questions?
- o Retake the activity?
- · Discuss Share and Assign for activities
- o Once students are in a class you can share the bulb with them through a link
- o You can also just assign the bulb and they will see it when they log in
- What does the student see when they log in?