Work Place Etiquette
(Should & Should Not) Lissette Bury & Denise Borja
General Dress/ Appearance : (Do's)
- Suits are best worn for both mean and women working in a setting like law offices and corporate headquarters. For a business casual dress is more common in office settings which includes pants, khakis, skirts or dresses and long dress shirt.
- Go for quality over quantity
- Whatever you wear should be clean, pressed, and in good condition
- when in doubt , be conservative. in the workplace it's essential to appear professional if you wish to be treated as a professional.
- Pay attention to how your boss dresses: successful people tend to look the part.
General Dress/ Appearance : (Don'ts)
- Don’t wear jeans or shorts unless you know this will be acceptable.
- Don’t wear athletic shoes, sandals, or boots.
- If something looks like you could wear it to the bar, you probably shouldn't wear it to work.
- You can be more creative with your accessories when dressing in business casual, but don’t be extreme.
- Do not wear loud print shirts or T-shirts advertising your favorite.
Speech (Verbal Communication) (Do's)
- Be clear and direct . Say what you need to say.
- Paraphrase. Talk it out.
- Be respectful.
- Tailor conversation to audience.
- Face- to -face