Owatonna High School
April Updates & Newsletter
Great to be back!
I cannot express how exciting it is to have students back 4 days a week! The energy and excitement of more students at OHS coupled with great spring weather is a true delight. The coming weeks will be filled with activities, testing, and a celebration of our Owatonna High School Class of 2021!
Please join me in making sure that we have a strong finish by encouraging your child to wear their masks and social distance. Finally, Our amazing teachers are here to support students with their academic needs, so please reach out if we can do anything to ensure all OHS students have a strong acadmic finish to the year.
I look forward to seeing you at spring events!
My best, Mr. Kath
We continue to prioritize our Virtual Learners with 3 main priorities each week. They include a "week at a glance" so students know what to expect for their learning, in-person connections to ensure they can ask questions and get support from teachers and weekly feedback that ensures students know their progress for the course. Teachers are always available through email or messenger if you want to discuss the course and gain added support. Always Virtual students take their attendance using Infinite Campus every day.
BREAKFAST & FOOD
HONORING THE OHS CLASS of 2021!
CAP & GOWN DISTRIBUTION - Thursday, April 15 at OHS Commons
(Always Virtual students may pick-up at OHS)
GRADUATION SPEAKER TRY-OUTS - Thursday, May 6th at 2:45pm in the Small Group Forum
(Email will be sent to sign-up)
COMMENCEMENT - Sunday, June 6th at 2pm
- Will be held at the OHS Football Stadium
- Each Graduate will receive 4 tickets for the event
- All 2021 graduates will be honored on-stage
- That evening we will light up the front of OHS for the Class of 2021 from 9:30-10:00pm
- Rain date for commencement will be Monday, June 7th at 6pm
ACADEMIC & SCHOLARSHIP NIGHT - Wednesday, May 26th from 5:30-7pm
- Students will receive an invitation for the event to receive Honors Cords and/or Scholarships
- It will be an Open House in the OHS gym - families may arrive at any time and be honored at professional photo stations with Honor Cords & Scholarships
- Scholarship Donors will be on hand to present scholarships to winners
- OHS photographers will be available to take photos for families & share highlights on social media
- We are excited to make this an event where students are honored with their family!
- Open to all OHS Juniors & Seniors and ALC Juniors & Seniors Only
- Students must arrive by 9pm to be admitted
- Tickets will be sold at OHS the week before the event and includes food, music and more!
- It is a formal event but semi-formal attire is permitted.
- Masks must be worn at the event
- Professional Photographers will be on-site to order photos
- We ask that students enjoy the event in small groups of 6 or less to promote social distancing.
TESTING - ACTs & MCAs
MCA Testing - On April 14th and 21st, OHS will do the last two MCA tests. Juniors will take the math test and Sophomores will take the science test. Groups for testing are based on the group students were in for 3rd quarter. All students will follow a modified testing schedule on these days.
Modified Testing schedule. All testing begins at 8:10am
Wednesday, April 14th = Group 1 Math MCA (11th) & Science MCA (Group 1 - 10th)
Wednesday, April 21st = Group 2 Math MCA (11th) & Science MCA (Group 2 & Virtual - 10th)
- The North Senior Lot is by permit only. No parking there without a permit.
- Pillsbury lots are for permits only. They plan to tow cars without permits.
- Do not park in staff lots. You will be towed.