Norton Weekly Update
Week of October 12th - 16th
“The greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our disposition and not our circumstances.” – Martha Washington
Schedule for the Week
Tuesday - Evacuation Drill (Fire) at 2:00
Wednesday - Staff Meeting @ 3:15; Paras do not need to attend.
Thursday - Parent Conference Night
Friday - Fall Festival 5:30 - 7:30; 1st 9 weeks Grading Period Ends - Grades Due Monday at 8:00 am!
Tuesday - None
Wednesday - None
Thursday - Joe Smith
Friday - Brian Pence
October 12th - Professional Learning Info - Please make sure you have registered for 2 sessions!
A-Team Leaders will share a brief Power Point presentation and teams will reflect on technology integration during the 1st 9 weeks. A short reflection form will be completed and returned to Julie by the end of the day.
Plan for upcoming units and include implementation of technology and fulfilling requirements of the Technology Application TEKS as part of your conversation.
A few meetings have been scheduled for smaller groups, but no large group sessions will be held.
Enjoy your day, spend it wisely, and let us know if you need anything!
Intrusion Alarms will be activated beginning November 2nd
Norton Campus Improvement Plan
- Mastery percentage rates of students who qualify for Special Education services will increase to 65% in the area of reading.
- Mastery percentage rates of 4th grade students will increase to 90% in the area of writing.
- Mastery percentage rates of 5th grade students will increase to 92% in the area of reading.
- Opportunities will be provided for all students to use technology through activities that reinforce the core curriculum while becoming proficient in all Technology Application TEKS.
- Number of students scoring at Advanced Level III on STAAR Assessments will increase.
Staff Spotlight - Michelle Crawford
Where did you grow up? San Antonio
Describe your family. Husband – Chris; Ella (10) and Bennett (7)
What university did you attend? Southwest Texas State, now called Texas State
What are your favorite activities? Traveling, photography, baking and watching my kids’ activities
If you had $1000 to spend on anything, what would you spend it on? My husband would make me save it but I’d probably buy new shoes or a handbag. :)
What is your favorite reality TV show? The Voice
If you were not a teacher, what would you be? Photographer or graphic artist