The Week Ahead Memo
State Road Elementary School
Monday, February 01, 2016
Events This Week!
Report Card Week
Grades are due in PowerSchool tomorrow, Tuesday, Feb. 2 at 8:40am.
Report Cards will be printed Tuesday and/or Wednesday
Report Cards should be sent home with students on Thursday, Feb. 4
*Please be sure to include the M-STEP Parent Report (from last school year) for grades 4-5
Winter Blues Dinner!
Be Safe, Be Respectful, Be Responsible!
Monday afternoon for Ad Council
OBSERVATIONS / EVALUATION PROCESS UPDATE!
Round 1 of our Observations are done and I will continue with Round 2 this week. The 'Noticings’ and ‘Wonderings’ sections will focus on the Dimension of (CP) Curriculum & Pedagogy and (CEC) Classroom Environment & Culture for our Round 2 observations. If I have my laptop it will be an observation; if I'm in the classroom without it, I'm just visiting! :-)
- Observations - We will again conduct a minimum of 3 observations for the year (district continuity).
- Observation Time - 10-30 min of lesson scripting and another 15 minutes of coding.
- I should be able to access or view your daily lesson plans with assigned standards.
- The first two observations will be unannounced. The third observation may be scheduled as agreed upon by the teacher and administrator.
- We will have a Dimension focus during each observation (up to two dimensions). The dimension focus areas will be the areas that the Noticings and Wonderings will be derived.
Culture of Learning
Quote of the week...
Ships don't sink because of the water around them...
Ships sink because of the water that gets in them.
Don't let what happens around you
get inside you and weigh you down!
What's Happening Next Week?
- February's Staff Meeting is Tuesday, Feb. 9
- Hungry Howie's Pizza Night is Thursday, Feb. 11
- No School on Monday, Feb. 15 (President's Day)
- Popcorn Day on Friday, Feb. 19
DOWN THE ROAD...
- AR Prize Day is Tuesday, Feb. 23
- School Improvement Team Meeting is Thursday, Feb. 25
- Leo's Family Night is Thursday, Feb. 25 from 5-8pm