K-12 Weekly: November 22, 2017
Missing Books & 3-D glasses
- The West Elementary Library currently have 42 students with overdue library books. Have you seen one at your house? Please ask your student if they have any books out that they are missing. Your help with this is greatly appreciated!
- We also have lost many 3-D glasses this year. If you have any spares laying around, please consider donating them to the library. Our students love the 3-D books!
QUESTIONS? Please contact Jeanne McCombs at the West library.
4th Graders Receive Safety Lesson
As part of our focus on safety and our partnership with the Knoxville Police Department, Officer Keller and Officer Rowland met with each fourth grade class at Northstar Elementary to introduce Eddie Eagle.
The Eddie Eagle GunSafe® Program was created in 1988 by reading and curriculum specialists, teachers, law enforcement, psychologists and other professionals. The program continues to evolve through the years, but its mission remains the same: teach children what to do if they ever come across a gun: STOP, Don’t Touch, Run Away, and Tell a Grown-Up.
Fourth grade students participated in discussions around overall safety practices, large and small group activities and asked great questions of Officers Keller and Rowland!
In this issue: tips for an active holiday season, mindful eating, finding the right shoes & more.
HS Students Visit Camp Dodge
KHS Alum Returns as Presenter
Middle School and High School Parents/Guardians:
With the Thanksgiving weekend approaching, the Technology Department wants to remind you about the school issued devices for the students. Following these steps can help prevent any potential damage to the computers and accessories.
- Ensure the devices are being transported in their carrying cases at all times.
- Try to keep the cords in areas where small children and pets cannot get to them.
- Do not eat or drink around the computer.
Have a great Thanksgiving!
Our current vacancies are listed below:
- Substitutes (teacher and teacher associates)
- Associate / Para-Educator (Full Time, West)
- Volunteers (district-wide, variety of needs)
- Varsity Girls Soccer, Assistant Coach
Softball, 9th Grade Coach
- Varsity Girls Golf Coach
- 8th Grade Volleyball, Head Coach (2018-19 school year)
- 9th Grade Volleyball Coach (2018-19 school year)
Apply online at: http://www.knoxville.k12.ia.us/district/vacancies/ or inquire at the administration building (309 W. Main).
Call or email Lisa (641-842-6551 opt 1; email@example.com) with any questions.
Stop the Spread of Illness
Stop the spread of illness during Flu season by taking care for others with proper hand washing and staying away from others when you have illness is showing how much you care for them.
Illness in elderly persons can be life threatening and a phone call or a card delivered by staff will be a better way to reach out and say I care for you and am thinking of you than bringing in an illness that is more severe to them!
KCSD Administrative Office
KCSD Non-Discrimination Policy
It is the policy of the Knoxville Community School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, creed, age (for employment), marital status (for programs), sexual orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status (for programs) in its educational programs and its employment practices. There is a grievance procedure for processing complaints of discrimination. If you have questions or a grievance related to this policy please contact Equity Coordinator Jill Van Woerkom, Director of Human Resources at 309 W Main, Knoxville, IA 50138, 641/842-6551 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The grievance will then be directed to the appropriate administrator charged with managing the program or department specified in the grievance.
The Board requires all persons, agencies, vendors, contractors and other persons and organizations doing business with or performing services for the District to subscribe to all applicable federal and state laws, executive orders, rules and regulations pertaining to contract compliance and equal opportunity.