Human Body Corporation
The Veins(AKA The Blood Bank) By: Shelby,Lauren,Patty,Sammi
-Each Vein is made up of three layers.
-The blood in the veins is dark red in color because it contains very little oxygen.
-Unlike arteries, veins collapse not need to be as strong when empty.
- Inside most veins, are flaps that act as values to make sure that the blood only flows in one direction.
-carries deoxygenated blood except the pulminary veins which carry oxygentaed blood.
- Blood circulates the entire body in 20 seconds.
- The plasma in the blood is made in the liver.
- The blood vessels are all attached to the heart,veins return blood to the heart and arteries carry blood away from the heart
- The blood which moves towards the heart has a high degree of carbon dioxide while the blood that moves away from the heart is rich in oxygen.
- One drop of blood has about 5.5 million red blood cells and 12,000 white blood cells[