November 5 - November 9
TIS Vision 2018 - 2019
Expecting Excellence For All... One Relationship At A Time
The Thanksgiving food drive has begun!
Help your child's GRIT class win a cupcake party by bringing:
You can also donate
Cash or grocery store gift cards. Remember all of these items go to help families in need.
**Red Ribbon Week**
- Monday, November 5 - No events
- Tuesday, November 6 - Running bears after school
- Tuesday, November 6 - Soccer Intramural games
- Wednesday, November 7 - No events
- Thursday, November 8 - Running bears after school
- Friday, November 9 - No events
- Monday, November 12 - WSISD Veterans Day Celebration @ 6:00 - BHS Auditorium
**Every Thursday wear GRIT house shirts and colors**
**Every Friday royal blue shirts and jeans**
Procedures for Eating Lunch with your Student
We want your experience to be fantastic when you eat lunch with your child!
- Sign in with the front desk and be prepared to show your valid ID for a background check.
- We will hold on to your ID and give you a temporary name badge while you are on campus.
While Eating Lunch
- Enjoy the time with your student and feel free to bring their favorite lunch.
- Parents can enjoy lunch in the cafe or courtyard while on campus.
- Other students cannot join you and your child for lunch.
When you are finished eating and ready to leave the building
- Go back to the front office.
- Exchange your temporary badge for your valid ID.
- Have a great rest of the day.
Parents and guardians can only eat lunch with their students ... no exceptions.
Please have a positive conversation with your student regarding bus expectations and procedures.
Our food service staff is amazing and they work hard to serve you child the best lunch possible. Check out our monthly menu below!
Below is a link to our free and reduced lunch application form. Please do not hesitate to apply. We want everyone to have access to an affordable and nutritious lunch at Tannahill.
Students receive 5-6 hours of core subject instruction everyday. (Math, ELA, Science, & Social Studies)
- Students who are absent 5 days will miss 25 - 30 hours of instruction in a school year.
- Students who are absent 10 days will miss 50 - 60 hours of instruction in a school year.
- Students who are absent 15 days will miss 75 - 90 hours of instruction in a school year.
- Students who are absent 20 days will miss 100 - 120 hours of instruction in a school year.
Have your ID ready when you enter the front office.
TIS office staff will run a background check and hold the ID on every adult who enters our building past the front office.
ID's will be returned once guests have return their temporary badge.
Student safety is #1!
TANNAHILL INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL
701 AMERICAN FLYER BLVD.
FORT WORTH, TX. 76108
REMIND 101 APP:
TEXT 81010 TO @tannabears
Have your student bring a completed order form and payment of $15 to our front office receptionist - Kelli Deats
Front Office Staff
- Front Receptionist- Mrs. Kelli Deats - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registrar- Mrs. Chloe Yeats - email@example.com
- Nurse- Mrs. Savannah Fowler - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attendance Secretary- Mrs. Terry Santiago - email@example.com
- Principal’s Secretary- Mrs. Carolyn Bell - firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Resource Officer- Officer Huseman - email@example.com
Tannahill Front office procedures
Parents and guardians are required to sign in and leave their drivers license before entering any area of our campus or grounds.
If you are checking your child out for early dismissal, you will be required to show current photo ID.
Our waiting area is located in the foyer. We ask that all guests wait in the foyer. If you are waiting for your student they will come through the glass doors. If you are meeting with a staff member or principal they will come greet you there.
Students cannot be pulled from class until their parent or guardian arrives with a current photo ID.
Parents or guardians who come to eat lunch with a student:
- Must have a valid photo ID
- Must leave their ID with the front office
- Must be on their contact list
- May only eat with their student
- Cannot bring food for other students
- Must stay in the designated seating area for visitors
After 3:20 p.m. there will not be supervision for your child. YMCA will be available after school for a fee. Sign up information for the YMCA after school program will be provided at Meet the Teacher Night and through the TIS front office.
2018 - 2019 School Hours
- 7:00 a.m - Doors Open
- 7:20 a.m. - First Bell
- 7:30 a.m. - Second Bell
- 3:00 p.m. - Dismissal Bell
- 3:20 p.m. - Students should be picked up
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Early Checkout Policy
A letter from the nurse
If your student needs medications at school, remember that we must have a new physician's order for this current school year. Order forms can be found online and in the front office. Medications must also be brought in and signed for by the parent before the nurse can administer the meds at school.
If your student is absent, please send a parent or doctor’s note upon their return.
This note needs to be given to the front office within 3 days of the absence.
- When 3 or more absences are reached, the parents will be notified by letter and by a phone call.
WSISD will be moving to nine week grading periods in 2018-2019
2nd Grading Period - October 22 - December 21
3rd Grading Period - January 9 - March 8
4th Grading Period - March - May 23
Click the links below for additional information and getting connected
REMIND 101 APP: 81010 @tannabears