Over the Hump...
...midweek reminders to finish your week strong!
TUESDAY, MARCH 28, 2023
If you would like to share your praises, prayer requests, leave a comment about how you've been impacted recently or if you have a question about something you've been thinking about, please click here.
Would you like to walk with someone in the First Principles of following Jesus? Are you willing to serve the body by leading in corporate prayer, reading scripture, praying with those who come to the altar on Sundays? If so, click here.
Weekly Giving Report
Online Resources Spotlight
Dwell Scripture Listening App
Dwell is an app that allows you to listen to scripture "in your ears and on your heart". You can also listen while you read along, right in the app. Crossroads has provided the full version of this incredibly rich app to you to you free of charge to allow you to explore scripture thru passages, stories, playlists, and plans. Only the full version of the app allows you to access the entire Bible in multiple translations and voices, customize the voices, the background music, and the volume of both the voices and the music. To access the full version, you’ll need click the button below.
Click here to sign-up to access the Dwell App FREE.
Global Partner Spotlight
The Hudgins: The Latin Initiative with Manna
- Their personal health-spiritual, emotional, physical and financial
- Their ability to help those they serve with cultural adjustments and the loneliness of being separated from immediate and close family by continents
- That they would have compassion for others
- For the management of their time and ministry
- That C2 would both personally and corporately be a blessing and encouragement to them- financially, prayerfully, and physically thru correspondence and support
Pray that the Gospel message might be loud and clear in their pulpits, in their ministries and in their lives - -- so that all may hear...AND live! We ARE the Church!!
Click here to read their latest update.
Refuge KC ELL Volunteer Opportunities
RKC INTERNSHIP **DEADLINE SOON**
The Refuge KC internship provides young adults with experience in cross-cultural ministry as they come alongside the ministry of Refuge KC. Interns will be equipped with skills essential to cross-cultural ministry through training in spiritual disciplines, cross-cultural ministry engagement, missiology, and evangelistic Bible storying. Each summer intern will join a people group-focused ministry team and choose a ministry emphasis: sports, ESL, church mobilization, digital media, or demographic research. This is a 10-week internship that begins on May 30, 2023.
Apply here: INTERNSHIP APPLICATION
RAMADAN 2023 **DAILY PRAYER ON ZOOM**
Beginning Saturday, March 18th, we will again host morning prayers throughout Ramadan on Zoom from 6:45 am to 7:00 am each day, March 18th - April 21st. While it is not necessary to have one, you can purchase a digital prayer guide for $2.50 HERE. Please join us for this daily prayer whenever you can. To get the prayer link, be sure to sign up here: DAILY PRAYER - ZOOM
RKC ADMINISTRATIVE HELP
Are you available for a few hours on Wednesdays or Fridays to serve in administrative opportunities with Refuge KC, routinely or occasionally? We have a range of admin needs that we could use help to accomplish, including writing thank-you cards, donation inventory, possible computer work (if you have a laptop that you can bring), etc. Signing up for the admin team does not mean that you are expected each time that there are admin needs, but rather that you will receive updates on any admin needs for that week. Hours could range from 1-3 hours of help (or as much as you can give on that day) and we would begin around 9:00 am at Eleos Coffee (3401 Independence Ave), where our office is located. Once you receive notification of the admin plan for any particular week, you will then let us know if you are available to serve on that week. If you would like to be included on the admin team, please sign up: RKC ADMIN
RKC WEBSITE HELP
Are you familiar with creating or editing websites? If so, we could use your expertise!! We would like to change our Passport to KC page found HERE to look more like THIS. If you have the know-how to create something like this, please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RKC SOCIAL MEDIA HELP
Are you great at communicating with others through social media? Do you have a heart for the ministry of Refuge KC and want to share it with others? We are in need of a volunteer to manage our social media. If you are interested or have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
HOSPITALITY HELP -- MULTIPLE DATES
“You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.” (Leviticus 19:34 ESV)
Receiving guests is a custom found in nearly all parts of the world. In fact, many cultures devote time to welcoming others as being of utmost importance – many of whom find their new homes among our refugee and immigrant communities right here in Kansas City. Because of this, our hospitality teams are of utmost importance to us! Would you consider serving on our hospitality team on a Saturday morning or Monday evening? This is a GREAT WAY to observe our English classes while also welcoming our students and their families with food, drinks, and fellowship. This would be a wonderful opportunity to do as a family, a community group, a women's ministry, or a church. The attachment to this email provides a suggested list of items you can bring. We will have classes on Saturday mornings (approximately 90 people) & on Monday evenings (approximately 30 people). If you are interested in having a team serve on either/both a Saturday morning or Monday evening, please sign up on the appropriate sign-up sheet:
ENGLISH CLASSES - VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES - MULTIPLE DATES
This is a great place to serve when you are new to Refuge KC and/or cross-cultural ministry. There is no experience needed for any of the volunteer opportunities. Look over the sign-up page for the various volunteer opportunities (and please note what time you should arrive for each role) and sign up for as many weeks as you plan to attend -- you can always cancel later if you later learn that you can't make it. Registering IN ADVANCE for the weeks you plan to serve is important so we know if we need to seek additional help from other volunteers. Please register for all the weeks you plan to serve at either/both here:
SATURDAY MORNING ELL - PALABRA VIVA
MONDAY EVENING ELL - ELEOS COFFEE
**Because our class is increasing in size, we could use more language partners on Monday evenings!**
EYE CLINIC OPPORTUNITY **SATURDAY, APRIL 1st**
On Saturday, April 1, 2023, Iglesia Bautista "Palabra Viva" is offering to the community a free eye clinic. Palabra Viva church is not only the location of our Saturday English class but has been a faithful partner in ministry here in northeast Kansas City for many years. They are in need of about 10 additional volunteers to help with the clinic on Saturday, April 1st. The clinic is open at 8:00 am and ends at 2:00 pm, but volunteers do not have to stay the whole time. We anticipate many of our refugee & immigrant neighbors will be stopping in at this clinic. If you are able to assist Palabra Viva in this effort, please sign up here and in the comment section please provide the hours you plan to work (from when to when). Register to serve here: EYE CLINIC
FREE: NORTHLAND ETHNIC FESTIVAL **SATURDAY, APRIL 1st**
On Saturday, April 1st, the Northland Ethnic Festival will be hosted by the Ethnic Enrichment Commission of Kansas City at Staley High School (2800 NE Shoal Creek Pkwy, Kansas City, MO 64156) from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm. This is a fun family event with food, crafts, and performances from countries around the world! Admission and parking are free.
MONTHLY FELLOWSHIP **APRIL 13th @ 6:00PM**
Each month we invite our volunteers to spend time in prayer, worship, and fellowship over a shared meal. It is a great way to learn more about the ministry and especially about those who have been called to serve with RKC as you have! After a dinner of networking with others who are involved/considering involvement with Refuge KC, we will hear from the founder of Refuge KC on his recent trip to the border between the US and Mexico at El Paso, Texas. We will also have one of our Ambassador Teams present — so if you are interested in this program, be sure to come to hear from a current team. Please register for the Monthly Fellowship here: MONTHLY FELLOWSHIP
AMBASSADOR INFO MEETING **APRIL 17 on ZOOM**
Would you like to learn more about the Ambassador Program with Refuge KC? Carson will host an informational meeting on Monday evening, April 17th at 6:00 pm. The Zoom link will be sent out via email to those signed up 24 hours in advance. Register here: AMBASSADOR INFO MEETING
OTHER NOTEWORTHY EVENTS/ACTIVITIES
Wednesday Morning Prayer (In Person) -- every Wednesday -- Would you like to join us in person for prayer? Meet us at Eleos Coffee (3401 Independence Ave) each Tuesday morning. Prayer time is 9:45 am - 10:45 am in the basement of Eleos.
Wednesday Morning Prayer (Zoom) -- every Wednesday -- Would you like to join us each week for a time of prayer from the comfort of your own home? Every Wednesday morning, a prayer team hosts a time for prayer at 7:00 am (CST) and would love for you to join when you can. To access the prayer meeting, log into Zoom and use the meeting code: 890 1194 5314
SAVE THE DATES:
RAMADAN NIGHT OF PRAYER 2023 - APRIL 15
We will also have our Ramadan Night of Prayer on Saturday, April 15th, 6 pm - 10 pm at Palabra Viva (217 Benton, KCMO 64123). This will be an evening of focused prayer for our Muslim neighbors and nations. Come when you can and leave when you must! Let us know that you plan to attend by registering here: NIGHT OF PRAYER
2023 PASTORS CONFERENCE - JUNE 20
If you are a pastor or mission director of your church, we invite you t our 2023 Pastors Conference -- this year on World Refugee Day, June 20, 2023! Many more details will be provided in the coming months, but we wanted you to get it on your calendar now!
How Can You Pray for Our Global Partners?
Have you visited our page with all of the latest updates from our Global Partners who GO and SERVE on behalf of you and your family, taking the Gospel around the world as an extension of Crossroads Church so that others may hear...AND live?
Have you talked to your children about our Global Partners and encouraged them to pray for them in your family prayer time? Click the image to our Missions page or click here.
How Can We Pray for You and Yours?
If you would like for your church family to pray for you or your family/friends...
- You can CLICK HERE to post your request in Church Center's Alerts and Reminders,
- You can CLICK HERE to post your request on our Facebook Group, OR
- You can CLICK HERE to submit a prayer request through our web form.
Requests submitted will be posted to our private Facebook Group and in C2 Alerts and Reminders Group in Church Center.
SAVE THESE IMPORTANT DATES THAT ARE COMING UP THROUGH THE REST OF THE YEAR!!!
- Wednesday, March 29th: MidWeek "My Favorite Foodie" Night @6:30PM-8PM
- March 31st-April 1st: DNOW 2023
- Sunday, March 2nd: Crossroads University @9:30AM
- Sunday, April 2nd: Baby Dedication @10:30AM
- Sunday, April 2nd: The Well @6PM
- Saturday, April 29th: Anit-Prom @3:30PM-8PM
- June 5th-9th: 2023 Church Camp in The Rockies
*Dates are subject to change and more events will be added! We'll keep you informed.
CHECK OUT FRIDAY'S "C2 ESSENTIALS"
DOWNLOAD CHURCH CENTER TODAY!
- ...find a Group
- ...participate in Group messaging with your Group and Ministry Teams and find contact information for those in your Group
- ...support your church, missions and special projects through Giving
- ...signup for a variety of special events (like the ones above this message)
- ...view an upcoming calendar of events here at Crossroads so you can mark your own calendars
- ...view a directory of contacts within the church family and see photos to connect a face with a name
- ...pre-check-in on your way to The Big House so you don't have to stand in line at the Check-In Stations
You'll find links to some of the most vital utilities and features you'll need access to in order to fully participate in community here at Crossroads Church
You can find and install Church Center in the App Store of your mobile device or by clicking the image above.
You can also find and bookmark all the Church Center features and utilities in your favorite browser on your computer by CLICKING HERE or by typing https://crossroadsgv.churchcenter.com/ in the search bar.
Stay Connected to C2
Our Website: http://direction4living.com
General Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 900 NW Jefferson St. - Grain Valley, MO 64029
- Crossroads Church - PO Box 351- Grain Valley, MO 64029
Darryl & Sharon Jones - Elder/Lead Pastor
- Darryl - 816-694-7621 / email@example.com
- Click Here to schedule an appointment with Pastor Darryl
- Sharon - 816-694-7622 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Jenny Lindsay - Pastor Darryl's Admin Assistant
Daniel & Krysten Ballard - Elder/Worship Arts/Student Ministry Pastor
- Daniel - 816-517-4252 / email@example.com
- Krysten - 816-809-1128 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael & Summer Hicks / Elder
- Michael - 816-298-3032 / email@example.com
- Summer - 816-572-1264 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: the church DOES have a phone line for those outside the church family. We've had the line for the last 23 years, and it's good to have for the general public. However, the church line mostly attracts sales and marketing calls. As a result, it is not monitored very closely.
If you need to contact one of our Staff Pastors or Elders, PLEASE USE THEIR MOBILE NUMBERS, WHICH ARE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU ABOVE. You'll also find this information in the front of your Crossroads Connections notebook. These numbers are not to be given out to the public but are available for your personal use.
- Pastor Darryl Jones is full-time here at the church but isn’t always in the office as ministry happens everywhere. Pastor Darryl and Sharon live here in “The Big House” and try to be very accessible to the church family. However, they do try to protect Friday each week as a day of restorative rest and time together. Pastor Darryl tries to “unplug” electronically on Fridays but can be contacted through Sharon in case of emergency. Click Here to schedule an appointment with Pastor Darryl.
- Pastor Daniel Ballard is also full-time here at the church but isn't always in the office as ministry happens everywhere. Pastor Daniel also takes Friday off but is, of course, available in case of emergency.
- Michael Hicks is a lay Elder and does not keep office hours. He is self-employed and owns his own growing company, East Side Electric, LLC.
- Jenny Lindsay is Pastor Darryl’s Administrative Assistant and works in the church office from 9am to 2pm, Monday thru Thursday.
- Everyone else who serves our church does so on a volunteer basis—neither receiving compensation nor keeping office hours.
All of that to say - we are here to serve you, but “here” is always relative. Text, email, and phone are our friends. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you can’t find us at “The Big House.”